We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahi complex experts...

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bahi complex experts...

While I have been to the Cancun area over 15 times all inclusive, plus a handful EP, this is just my 2nd PC trip. Is it ok to bring my 34oz bubba keg? It has traveled a lot and would be like leaving an old friend at home...

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
888 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahi complex experts...

I am not one of the destination experts. But, we have been to the Gran Bahia in Punta Cana twice. Yes, it is perfectly fine to bring your 34 oz bubba - in fact, I would suggest taking 2. The bartenders are happy to fill them, and rinse them between refills, at all of the bars. You and your old friend will have a wonderful time.

PC

Berrien Springs...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahi complex experts...

We here on the Punta Cana Forums, have our own resident DE Brooklyn, AKA, Bubba King.

He is the most wonderful individual, and extremly knowedgeable in all things bubba.

I would hope he sees this post and chimes in.

I travelled to the Bahia back in the day, with my 52 oz Barney Bubba.

Yours will be in good company.

Mich Rob

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
888 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahi complex experts...

So true, Mich - it was Brooklin's kind guidance that led us to the Ambar with our bubba's in hand. He goes well beyond the call of duty and we all appreciate his contributions immensely. Go Canada!

PC

Berrien Springs...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahi complex experts...

He also guided me to the now famous, Bahia, "chair".

Surely, you have also heard of this magnificent piece of woodwork?

There are countless encounters with this piece of history.

Mich Rob

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahi complex experts...

Thanks guys... He ( John ) has answered several questions already for me... I took the bubba keg my first trip to PC at the NH Real ( Now Larimar ) and it wasn't a problem. You just never know. I've never been to a Bahi resort and didn't want to take up luggage space if you can't use it...

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahi complex experts...

terrance, Bubba King is really the 'EXPERT', Yes DO bring your "bubbas", which is fine with the bartenders, just remember to tip them a couple of dollars per round for two, and they will take better care of You. If You have any questions about anything, DO ask Bubba King, he has all the knowledge, and would be Glad to Help You ! Best Wishes, Leo & Sue ps We will be at the Ambar, April 27th - May 4th, which can't get here fast enough, so fed up with this Winter's cold, and Snow, which is now 3 - 4 feet high on both sides of the driveway.

7. Re: Bahi complex experts...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:09
Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,073 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahi complex experts...

Thank you all for your kind words !!

PC - love the new avatar !!! Watching the curling tonight !!

Terrance - I likely could not get out of the house without the Bubbas or if I ever left the chubby little guys at "home alone" and headed to Punta Cana, they would likely be in ... shall I say .... a very bad mood and we likely should never return to the abode we left, as they would be waiting - no, more like lurking for us, in the charred remains of what was a nice home !! LOL !

Poster "P C " has it right - take two, for balance of course :) - the senior size (52 oz) is for those that have a bad knee and tend to limp when heading to the beach bar - two Sir 52's will straighten that knee issue out in no time - and that is just before lunch !! The 34 oz can be ideal for the beginners - oh, and they do come in a 3 gallon size - what we tend to refer to as the "Mothership" - the only problem with that size is just getting it to fit on an aircraft.!!

I did ask the flight crew in the cockpit if they would mind giving up a seat for a "Mother" that clearly had no legs and that did not go over too well - I will not ask them again, as the dents left in my wrists from the cuffs being too tight are still noticeable:)

Other sizes are available - but we tend to call them the "young in's" as they still have some growing to do ! LOL

Remember - just do not leave home without them !

Have a wonderful time in Punta Cana !!

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 17 February 2014, 06:14
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahi complex experts...

Ya John, I had the 52 oz. in my hand in 2004 when I bought Bubba, but the ex thought one that size would be childish... Like i said, the ex....

St.John's...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahi complex experts...

Where do you get these Bubba mugs ..I have not seen them and I have a small insulated one ...but it's not bubba ??