We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence: rental cabanas?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
144 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence: rental cabanas?

Does anyone have any info about rental cabanas on the beach at Excellence? (What do they cost, what do they come with, etc?)

Thanks in advance!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

We've rented the cabanas at Excellence and really enjoy it. When we were there in November, there were two options - one with a massage at the cabana ($65.00) and one without ($45.00). Either way, champagne was included and during the day the beach waiters brought different food items, we ordered lunch from them and they set everything up at our cabana.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

And you have the cabana from 9am-6pm.

Edited: 24 February 2014, 11:47
Concord, New...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

Is that per person? Can you set up a rental prior to your arrival? Also, what if you are club level. Thanks for the info.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

Those prices are accurate as we've stayed in September. As for Club, you do get private palapas/cabanas on the beach (first come, first serve). There's about 6-8 of them I think but I don't recall if the foot massage options are available just only to the paid day beds/cabanas.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

The cost is for the rental. With the $65.00, that was for a 20 minute massage for each of us. We decided to rent the cabana instead of going the club route, we thought this was a nice alternative. We booked while we were there but I highly recommend emailing in advance to reserve; there were only three cabanas and they were full while we were there.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
144 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

Thank you for your answers! PamelaTR - I just read your trip reviews, too. Can't wait to see Excellence for myself!

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

Does anybody have pictures of these cabanas? Are they next to the pool or on the beach? Are the lounge chairs meant to be under the cabana or can you bring them out in the sun? My husband loves to sit in the sun for a while then prefers to get some shade for a break-maybe even take a nap. If these cabanas are next to the pool, is it near the quiet part of the pool. Any extra descriptions would be great!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

Winniesmom,

Cabana beds have beds - not loungers. There are cabana beds by the pool, and on the beach. Some of these have thatched roofs, and some have slatted roofs. Additionally, on the beach, there are cabanas you can rent. They have round beds, and curtains for privacy.

There are also lots of palapas around the pool and on the beach. These are like large umbrellas, but have thatched tops, and they have loungers under them. Those you can pull out into the sun if you wish. I believe these are what you are looking for.

Mark

Fairless Hills...
Level Contributor
753 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

Definitely sounds like it's well worth it. I'm going in August non EC so I thought this would be great for a day of extra pampering. Do the non EC guests have the beds by the pool or just the regular loungers? Thanks!

Fairless Hills...
Level Contributor
753 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence: rental cabanas?

Definitely sounds like it's well worth it. I'm going in August non EC so I thought this would be great for a day of extra pampering. Do the non EC guests have the beds by the pool or just the regular loungers? Thanks!