We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence PC vs Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excellence PC vs Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Hi!

My hubby and I are looking for a nice, last minute get away (1st time away from our 16 month old) so looking for some nice adult time!! Wouldn't mind if there are kids but don't want a resort overrun by them! We have been to PC twice before and stayed at Paradisus Punta Cana and Majestic Elegance (like them both). Looking to likely to try something new. Like good food and would rather not have to deal with restaurant reservations (a pain in the past).

Any one recommend Excellence PC or Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort or something different?

Also - can any one weigh in on whether we should do the shared airport transfer offered when booking or is a taxi reasonable? I looked at the Taxi list to the left but didn't see Excellence PC on there.

Thanks for any help!!

NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence PC vs Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

PS - Do you need reservations at Paradisus Palma Real restaurants???

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence PC vs Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

I've been to Paradisus Palma Real once (also Paradisus Punta Cana), and Excellence Punta Cana six times. I very much liked Paradisus Palma Real, and found the food, service and accommodations to be good, but I prefer Excellence. The food has been at least as good, and the service is outstanding. I didn't like the reservations systems for dinner at any of the Melia / Paradisus resorts I've been to. Excellence does not require reservations for any of the restaurants (9 of them), and their public relations and concierge staff is second to none.

Excellence is also entirely adult only, with no resorts within a mile or so in either direction. Paradisus Palma Real has Royal Service, which is adult only, but many amenities are shared with the non-adult only section.

The taxi costs to and from the airport and Excellence are $70 each way, for up to 4 people. I believe Gobecon offers private transfers for $125 round trip. With the new highway, it's now 35 to 40 minutes depending on traffic and your driver. I stopped taking the shared transfers long ago. I don't like waiting for others to get on the bus, and the time taken to stop at other resorts along the way. It's worth paying for the taxi, in my opinion.

Mark

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence PC vs Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

We are returning to Excellence on Friday for our third trip there and I would highly recommend it. No reservations are needed for the restaurants which we love and everyone is so friendly and helpful. We have always taken the transportation provided by out tour group and have never stopped at another resort along the way. I figure if it's included in your package why pay more.

NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence PC vs Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Thanks so much!! Both of your comments were super helpful-- we want ahead and booked excellence and are so excited!! Thanks again!

5. Re: Excellence PC vs Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:21