We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakville, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

I've traveled to DR a couple times, both times in Punta Cana. I've stayed at the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort and Spa .. Me and my girls loved it!

We are planning a trip this April and we are looking towards the end of April. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for the ideal week to travel where there will be the most people aged 22-25! We are a party group and want to have the best time so a resort with a great nightlife and busy crowd is necessary!

Any suggestions for good resorts and best times to travel are welcomed!

We aren't trying to spend a fortune either!

Thanks for you help!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

Easter is April 20th and most college age spring breakers will be in the region prior to then.

A very popular and budget-friendly resort with younger singles is the Occidental.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

Occidental I wouldnt suggest as you have to pay for drinks at the nightclub,.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

The infamous Mangu Night Club immediately outside the main gate to the Occidental is not part of the resort complex and while guests at Occidental enjoy complimentary nightly admission, drinks are indeed at additional cost. But the solution is to just go back the few steps to the resorts lobby bar for "take out".

There are several other nightclub options off-resort that are very popular with the crowds. And they all tend to charge for drinks as well as admission. Plus there is the cost of transportation to/from.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

TravelPro where do you get your information? The "Solution" to take out drinks from the lobby bar??

That is not correct!!! The Mangu will not allow outside drinks into the club and the bouncer will make you throw them in the garbage before you enter. Trust me I probably have had to throw away at least 25 green bottles.

Plus the lobby bar at the resort closes at 1am and the Mangu only gets going around 1:30/45am...

The fact is that although the Occidental resort usually prices out to be very cheap year round if someone likes to party at the club each and every night of there stay it is "NOT" good value for the money.

At $6 per beer, $10+ a mixed drink, a few rounds of shots with friends one will need to add another $400 to $700 into their budget for a 7 night trip.

It's makes more sense staying at a resort that has it's own decent nightlife and a club that includes drinks... This way you can do all the parting you want right at your own resort for free and go "off" resort to a popular nightclub 2 or 3 nights of your trip.. In a sense one will be able to warm up at there resort nightclub for free and grab a taxi around 2am to the Mangu to go party to 4am..since they already have a nice buzz for free then they won't be spend as much as they would.

At the end of the trip it will be cheaper staying at a resort that includes drinks at the disco and going off resort 2 or 3 nights then staying at Occidental and having to pay for each and every drink for every night of your stay at 1am because everything at Occidental closes at that time.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 17:02
Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

BIGJIM93-- You are 100% correct..

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

Why not go back to the Palladium, you said you were there before.

Mangu is not run by the Occidental resort, it is a private enterprise.

Personally I would not go there, drinks are free at the resort and after 1 am I don't need anymore.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

After 1am the party is just getting started..

This is why a nap from 7-9 pm is essential.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

Just for a price comparison. April 15 to 22nd

Exitnow.ca - Occidental - $1123 pp

Orbitz - Bahia - $1129 USD - $1254.88 CAD

I'm sure I can find cheaper prices on other sites but not going to bother looking for them..... Anyways $131.88 price difference which is the amount of money one will likely spend in 2 nights at the Mangu.. add another 5 nights of spending and Occidental is "not a good value"... for those that plan on partying every night.

Plus when your with a group and having a awesome time the drinks flow more, the rounds of shots keep coming which means more and more money out of your pocket.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

Although Occidental and Mangu are separate entities it seems all to "fishy" that everything shuts down at Occidental at 1am... Seems more of a tactic to make money from the Mangu... I'm sure Occidental gets a bit of that pie.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best week in April for people aged 22-25? Part RESORTS?!

BigJim I like the way you think..

I will take a shot for you when Im in the Bahia April 10-18th.