We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new hampshire
Level Contributor
411 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

Hi there if you have been can you please help? Would love to go to this resort, and stay at the Adults only section, I have read alot, but I'm still confused!I would like to tell you what we are looking for : Adults only room top floor with Adult Pool & Adult Restaurants, looking at the web site it says the adults room are on the bottom floor, is there rooms above? I need two beds like top floor and a quiet building that is centrally located, hubby has some mobility issues, so can't do alot of walking.because this resort is not Adults only are there alot of children in the restaurants and shows, love kids but want relaxing! also does it offer a buffet? and nightly entertainment? and what building in the adults only section would you recommend? also we have been to Bahia Amber and is the resort similar? Thanks so much! Barbara

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

There's no such thing as Majestic Excellence. Excellence is a separate resort on a separate beach, which is completely adult only. You must be referring to Majestic Elegance Club, which is an adult only section of the Majestic Elegance resort. This means that there are pools, some lounges, and a section of beach that are adult only, but most of the amenities (restaurants, theatre, etc.) are shared with the non-adult only section.

Majestic is a much smaller resort than Bahia. And no reservations are required for a la cartes at Majestic, except for a couple of restaurants. Less crowded beach.

Mark

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

Barbara I'm from N.H. also..........................Laconia.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
411 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

Thanks for your response, yes I mean the Majestic Elegance Adults only, can you tell me about the room are they on one level? also the non adults section are there alot of children? looking for a relaxing time.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

I haven't stayed at Majestic Elegance. From what I'm told, there are less children there than you'd find at Majestic Colonial, nextdoor, and at Bahia. The rooms are in three story buildings, if that's what you mean by level.

Mark

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
349 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

I have been to this property 4 times and the adult only section are closest to the beach. Buildings are 2-3 stories with elevators. They have a particular section of the beach designated for the "club" ( adults only). In May, i saw several guests in wheelchairs getting around just fine! There is room service ( included) which is very nice for breakfast on your balcony. There is an adults only ala cart restaurant for breakfast too. We love this property-service is excellent.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
465 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

We are headed there for the 5th time in May and love it!!! The adult's only section is the Elegance Club. There used to be only 2 buildings - Elle and Ella - and both are closest to the beach but they have changed another building (or is it two more) to Club and that is more centrally located and near the swim up bar. Top floor can be requested but not guaranteed. Second floor is fine though too. First floor rooms are all swim ups (but not good for those with mobility issues because there are no stairs in/out of the pool directly from the room. So, you won't get first floor unless you pay for swim-up.

Two beds are rare in Club - most are King. There is a good amount of child-free dining (even though there are not many children at the resort since it doesn't really cater to them). The Italian restaurant is available to Club guests for breakfast so that is child-free (only at breakfast). The Steakhouse has a room just for Club guests so no kids there. The Gourmet does not allow children under 12. The Club pools are also child-free which is what we like the most. We bring floats and it is so nice to float quietly in the pool with no splashing kids.

There is a main buffet up by the lobby and another (Sea & See) which is buffet for breakfast and lunch but not for dinner. Someone else will have to fill you in on the shows - we are early risers and therefore never stay up late enough for the shows! :-)

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

I have mobility issues and bring my scooter with me with no problem at all. They will come and get you with a golf cart if you need. Over half of the resort is club so you see very few children at the ME. I will assure you will enjoy this resort and the people that work there. How do I know? Been there 8 times. Have Fun.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

Here right now... only see a couple of kids, maybe ten at the most. Our top floor club room does have a small step that goes to the sitting area but is level otherwise. I will post some pics when I get back

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

Matt well there is some over 18 yr old kids , who do flips into the adult only pool.... :)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Excellence Adults only section, Have Questions!

Morning Bob. Lol