We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pics of Ambar rooms

Ontario
Level Contributor
579 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pics of Ambar rooms

I see lots of other pic's with folks in them lol but none of a real room - anyone have some of these pictures?? I see the beach etc - beauty - but would like to see room pics - hope we picked fine - Ambar as esmerelda rooms look nice - argh -

So anyone want to ride shotgun this morning and get out of this cold lol - opps we need a plane - only a few weeks to go - get this body in beach shape and good to go

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

Beach shape takes more than a few weeks..

Cut carbs, eat them only before 4pm.

Up your cardio, cut out salt..

Lower your calories to 2000..

This should help

Ontario
Level Contributor
579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

New York - great words - ! Ok Carbs - love them - ( pasta) but I can work on that, cardio - walk, ski, SHOVEL SNOW lol , yoga pilates, Problem good beer lol lol

Sodium that for sure is out - I cook quite well - eliminating the pre packaged crap -

Actually not bad shape for my age and 30+ years at a desk job lol lol

CHeers

Mentioned in this post
Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

Cut out the beer from now until the trip.

I haven't had a drink since Jan 2nd when I started training for our upcoming trip..

Push yourself you will do great

Have your whole wheat pasta with chicken n broccoli for lunch.

Or have brown rice with shredded pork from a crock pot.

Or home made turkey on whole wheat bread, lettuce and a tomato..

Eat your carbs for lunch so they refuel you towards end if the day

Edited: 02 March 2014, 13:07
MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

There is plenty of room pictures on trip advisor.. When your under the Ambar reviews and open the pictures there is a drop down bar so you can select what type of photo's you want to see.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean

http://postimg.org/image/m4upoc3ht/

Edited: 02 March 2014, 17:23
P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

There is no mystery to keeping your weight at a healthy level. Determine your ideal weight via the body mass index. Target moderate physical activity for 1 hour, 3 to 5 times per week - daily is ideal. Add weight resistance to cardio. For diet - what works for me is 8 to 10 serving of fresh fruits and vegetables per day, every day. No white flour - whole grains, seeds and nuts. For protein - fish and chicken [no skin]. Skim milk and low fat yogert. Get 30 to 40 grams of fibre per day - the fruits, vegetables and whole grains do that easily. You have to cut out pre-packaged, processed and fast foods. Lastly, drink 4 to 6 glasses of water per day. That is what works for me - and it is healthy, not a diet fad, and your heart will love you for it.

As BigJim notes - lots of room photos in the Photos section.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 18:43
Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

Body mass index isn't the proper way to determine where you should be.

I'm 6'2 and 245 my BMI is 31 yet I have only 11% body fat ..

Good suggestions below, but i would be careful with the amount of fruits..

They are carbs which turn to sugar then to fat

Edited: 02 March 2014, 19:08
P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

Hi Joseph - on the BMI scale, you would be obese [LOL] - to get to that size, you must have a high, high protein diet and that increases the risk of high cholesterol. BMI scale is the medically / scientifically proven healthy weight range. Fruits: "They are carbs which turn to sugar then to fat". You are entirely wrong, with respect. You are confusing glycemic production with fat. The human body does not create "fat" - the human body (liver) converts fat that we consume in to cholesterol [HDL, LDL or Trans Fat] which is released in to our blood stream. Fruits and vegetables are the "good carbs" that increase your metabolism, lower your blood pressure and burn fat. "Sugar", by the way, is fat free. Of course, one must always watch blood sugar levels, regardless of diet, and fruit (depending on what it is) can raise blood sugar levels. BUT: You are confusing 2 different things. The old saying, "an apple a day" is so true - an apple is the world's most healthiest food. It is fat free, low in carbs and sugars, and has 5 grams of dietary fibre. Other low carb fruits are apricots, bananas, blackberries, blue berries, cantaloupe, melons, cherries, and pears. Vegetables [carrots, peas, tomatoes, peppers, celery, .......] lower and regulate blood sugar levels and are high in fibre. One does not "get fat" eating fruits and vegetables. Forget the "low" carb diets of south beach or Atkins.

Be well, my friend, and have a wild time on your upcoming trip.

PC

Edited: 02 March 2014, 23:04
DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

The OP was asking about rooms??? I am a little confused? Yes perhaps about getting into shape, but sheesh, they were really just asking a question about rooms...blt ontario, just do a search at the top of the page and you can all you need about the Ambar or Esmeralda, it is a wonderful place the Ambar and we are headed back for 14 days in 6 weeks (5th time there), can't wait to go back to our home away from home. Joseph read the info perhaps before responding...yes we all want to be in your shape, but having said that we are not in our 20's or 30's o perhaps the OP is not just saying that they need to lose a couple of pounds..just saying. The question remains, about the rooms, holy smokes guys!!!

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

If your body doesn't burn the carbs you eat , isn't the balance stored?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pics of Ambar rooms

Joseph that was not the question of this post my friend...