We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darn it price dropped

Ontario
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Darn it price dropped

Figures - geeze - but at least I got choices for plane seats - gosh darn it

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darn it price dropped

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. More often than not I've been on the winning side at this game.

There's a lot to be said about getting your seat choices. There's $$ value to that.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darn it price dropped

I never check the price of something oce l have bought it.

There is no point in it.

I am happy that I am able to buy stuf and know that if you wait you sometimes dont get exactly what you wanted.

If I am in doubt if I want something I wait for it and wait and watch the price drop and drop and... then buy it or discover I waited too long.

If I really want someting I buy it and then I am happy that I got it.

So it sounds you are going on a holiday, a great thing to look forward too!

Amy

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
607 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Darn it price dropped

Yep! Ambar dropped quite a bit for my dates, but I just looked and it's back up. I'm just so happy that I booked the trip, it doesn't really matter now!

Saginaw, MI
Level Contributor
31 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Darn it price dropped

We've also had ups and downs on price changes after booking. Once we got a refund of close to $400 right before departure which was a great surprise! This trip, we declined the extra fees that would have added "price drop" coverage to our travel insurance rate. Our tour operator's payment schedule worked out best for us, plus we were able to confirm a non-stop flight - which is awesome. I feel the price was fair. Like AmyAmsterdam...I'd rather not waste time dwelling on what's done. I prefer instead to dwell on what I have to look forward to in a few weeks!! Counting the days to Ambar!!!!!!!!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Darn it price dropped

doesn't matter what others paid or pay for staying at the same propertyu. book when the price is right for you, and if you do not have a insurance which allows to cancel and book for the new price again, then never ever look on prices after you booked yours. such only could lead to disapointment for no real reason.

have fun

Mike

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Darn it price dropped

It's only worth rechecking the prices if you bought the insurance that will refund any price drops to you.

IF you ask enough people you will always find someone who paid less than you did. And someone who paid more.

Of course, variables come into play such as departure city due to regional specials offered.

Canada
Level Contributor
466 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Darn it price dropped

Yup - I agree - that sucks, but like you said at least you got the seats you want.

I can't help myself - I always keep checking prices once we book. Most times I get the deal, a few times I've seen it cheaper by a little and I can't help but think of what I could have done with the extra money in my pocket.

Once your are laying on the beach.....the few extra bucks will the last thing on your mind.

Ontario
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Darn it price dropped

Midland - and Toronto - well at least on other sites I am still ahead of the game lol - and I got 9 days which is usually much more $$ - so I am happy with that - and hubby got an aisle seat up front - beside me lol

he prefers this - go figure after 30+ years of working now experiences some discomfort - I say grab a few beers and we are good to go

9. Re: Darn it price dropped

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:16