We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is too much?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
How much is too much?

First, I have to say thanks to everyone for all of the amazing information gained from this forum.

Realistically how many bottles of sunblock should I pack? Everyone has suggesting taking extra due to the exorbitant price of this item at resorts, but how much will two people use over 6 days? I was going to bring 2 bottles. Am in the ball park? Also, should I count on others asking to "borrow" some? Thanks in advance.

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is too much?

Depends on the size of the bottle. We take 2 bottles (one each) and always come back with lots left over. You should be more than fine with 2 medium size bottles.

PC

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
894 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is too much?

2 Bottles, 6 days, sounds good to me! We always pack way more than we need:)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is too much?

Agreed, one can or bottle of waterproof/ sport 50 for each of us. Your needs may be different if you don't have fair skin, I recommend the high protection due to the intense sun.

Milwaukee, Wi
Level Contributor
49 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is too much?

We just went through almost 4 bottles in 10 days. We reapply frequently . Brought 6 bottles and taking 2 home.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much is too much?

Thanks for all of the feedback! I will throw in one extra for a total of 3 for posterity. We are not super fair skinned and plan on having a good tan in place PTA. I guess it's good to have more than you need instead of not enough.

Manchester
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much is too much?

I would be shocked if somebody asked to borrow some so not sure how I would respond but its a bit cheeky to say the least!!!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much is too much?

one trip I did give a bottle to someone who ran out, hey it was their honeymoon and I had brought way to much ( they did not ask , just mentioned they were running out and were going to have to buy some)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How much is too much?

I would never deny anyone should they ask or get in a bind. I would rather be prepared and help someone out if needed.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,318 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much is too much?

go to Paradisus... they supply it :-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How much is too much?

Thanks Bomberro, but already booked GBP Ambar. :)