We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Excellence PC under renovation-March 2014

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montana
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Is Excellence PC under renovation-March 2014

So many of you seem to travel regularly. We are headed on our first real trip in our 25 yr marriage and so excited. I want it to be a great experience so my hubby will want to cont. to travel. Is EPC under renovation right now? Just wondering a good bldg to request. Would love a renovated room but also don't want to be staying near construction or obstructed view. We just have the standard garden view suite booked. Any room/building choice tips greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Excellence PC under renovation-March 2014

All of the rooms at EPC have been recently renovated. The only construction I know of right now is a new jacuzzi area at the far end of the lazy river pool, next to the beach, by building 14. They recently replaced the wooden walkways, some of the tile walkways, and the bridge over the lazy river, as well as the fountains. In the fall, they added a new restaurant, called Flavor Market, which is a tapas restaurant, and they renovated the patio areas for the swim-up suites around building 10. These are all completed, except for the new jacuzzi area.

Room choices depend on what you are looking for. Are you looking for ocean view, or garden view? Do you want action, or quiet? Do you want Club or non-Club?

My favorite is building 10, top floor. Top floor rooms have vaulted ceilings. I like the location because it's right by the bridge over the lazy river. There's a concierge hut, with towels and a bathroom not far away, and a bar just beyond that. The swim-up bar, Lobster House, and The Grill are not far in the other direction. Building 10 is Club, but sometimes you can get a room there non-Club. If not, anything in that area is good.

Mark

Edited: 03 March 2014, 01:35
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Excellence PC under renovation-March 2014

They are always fixing something, but currently nothing major or disruptive. As of yesterday,they are 70% complete on the new Jacuzzi. They are painting all of the shingled roof areas, but does not effect the rooms. They are replacing the flooring in the lobby "island".

But nothing to impact your stay.

Unless you are in a rooftop suite, all the rooms are pretty much the same. Not sure I would call them "renovated" as much as "refreshed". Rooms are not as glitzy as say a brand new room at Breathless, but they are fine, clean and well serviced. Like Mark, I prefer top floor mostly to get more privacy and quiet. Suggest you do not get ground level as foot traffic can be noisy in hallways.

3. Re: Is Excellence PC under renovation-March 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:19