We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

Hello! My husband & I will be heading to Zoetry Agua in a few months & we have a few questions for anyone who may have answers!

Room - We have booked a Junior Garden View Suite. I have looked at what seems like millions of pictures. Can someone please tell me which bathroom type we will have? Any other room details would be great, too!

Snorkeling - Anyone snorkeled here? Do you have to pay? If so, how much? Is it worth it?

Beer - I have seen Presidente, Presidente Light, Corona, & Heineken in pictures. Any other beer selections?

Thanks in advance for any answers or advice! :)

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

Hi Melissa :)

We stayed at Zoetry in August 2012 for our honeymoon, and are returning in July. Not sure how much help I can be, as others have more recent experience, but I can try…

Not sure of the bathroom set-up in the Garden View rooms, but I’m pretty sure all have the gorgeous stone-tiled shower. The beds are super comfortable! We had towels with us from home for our excursion, and rolled them up along the bottom of the door to help prevent critters and mosquitos.

We didn’t snorkel at the resort, but we did see one gentleman out for a while on a couple of occasions. The water in front of the resort is nice and calm for swimming, due to the natural reef – not sure how far out I’d go to get close enough to it to see anything. We’re bringing one set of gear this trip and are going to try a little more to the right of the beach, just past the property edge – ya never know, lol. Better snorkeling would be had through an excursion - SeaPro on site offers such excursions (down to Bavaro I think where there is a reef with some fish), or you could go through Seavis (online) for a day trip to Saona Island maybe…?

We saw Presidente, Presidente Light and Corona. Two days in our mini fridge, we had Miller Genuine Draft, but did not see it at any of the bars. The young man who stocked our fridge was very accommodating in supplying our requests for Presidente Light – we left him a note on an envelope, with a tip every day, in the fridge.

I do suggest mosquito repellant – we brought Deep Woods OFF. We were glad we had it for early evenings and early mornings, as there were mosquitos. We also used it on lower legs and ankles when at the beach to help prevent sandfleas – hydrocortisone cream is also a good idea. We also brought a few mosquito coils to light if we sat outside at night. The resort does spray, but with all that foliage, they’re sometimes hard to escape, lol.

When are you going? Wishing you a wonderful trip! It’s a truly beautiful spot…hope I helped a little :)

Tennessee, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

Great! Thank you so much for all of the tips & info! All very helpful & appreciated! We will be there a few days at the end of June through the first few days in July!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

Oh we’ll just miss you! We’re there the second week of July – as a matter of fact, just got all of our travel documents in the mail about an hour ago. We’re very excited to be returning – receiving the package in the mail made it seem a little closer, lol.

We’re so looking forward to the peace and relaxation – perfect spot for that. It’s so tropical, but elegant all at the same time. We’ve requested a swim-up on the original side, but are anxious to see the new additions – looks lovely.

Well, enjoy the anticipation and maybe we’ll catch up after you return and before we leave! :)

Tennessee, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

I have heard it is a very tranquil resort! We spent or honeymoon at Zoetry Paraiso & it was the same! Absolutely perfect!

If I think of any other questions, I will definitely contact you! Thanks again! :)

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

No problem – and if I don’t know the answers, someone will :)

Our TA had mentioned that Zoetry when we were beginning to plan this trip – sounds amazing! We just couldn’t resist returning to the DR, though – amazing people made it all perfect.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

I stayed in rooms 205 and 210 last week. Both are in old section, top floor. Bathroom layout was completely different so I suspect there is no real standard layout. However, there is a large "new" section and I would not be surprised to see them with a more standardized (and smaller) layout. Bathroom in 210 was spectacular and also that building has only 2 units (1 up, 1 down) so less chance of a loud neighbour. So that would be a good room to request.

As for being relaxed, I agree that is what it should be, and that is what I paid for. Unfortunately, lots of kids and tons of people on freebie junkets upgraded from Dreams or Now. The vibe of the place has completely changed with the addition of more rooms. To be fair, though, the relaxation factor will change dramatically day by day, just depending on the mix of guests at any given time. And as for comparison to Zoetry Pairiso in Mexico, that place really is different from ZPC. Private transfers to airport, guys to set up your lounger, constant pool beverage service, every room direct ocean front. None of that at ZPC. I have posted a more complete review; not up yet.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

We are booked for April and I truly hope there aren't many kids. We booked knowing it was all ages but the past had always had very few kids mainly due to price. If they are sending people from other resorts such as Dreams and NOW which costs much less and rated much lower then this could be a problem.

Our vacation is split with time at Breathless then over to Zoetry. I am starting to wonder if we should cancel Zoetry and stay at Breathless. We only went for dinner at Zoetry when we stayed at Breathless in December. We loved the atmosphere at Zoetry so we decided to split our April vacation between the two resorts.

I guess we will keep an eye on reviews over the next 2 weeks and cancel if the issue continues. I am not paying more money for Zoetry then Breathless only to wish we stayed at Breathless.

I hope the expansion hasn't ruined the quaint feel with excellent service that Zoetry was known for.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

If you are splitting a 1 week vacation between Breathless & Zoetry, I would leave it. The only way to really tell if you like it is to stay there. If you are splitting a 2 week stay, that might be a bit different.

I do not mean to suggest Zoetry is going to be like Breathless, because it is still pretty quiet and very relaxed. But it is certainly not as relaxed as it used to be.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

Looking forward to your review doug. So true what you say about the dynamic and atmosphere being different, depending on the guests at the time. We had read reviews before we left, similar to your experience, and come to find out that there had been a large wedding party there that week. Our experience was much different, compared to what was described.

I too have noticed more upgrades from Dreams PC to Zoetry – while we were aware Dreams guests toured the property, only one or two couples opted for the switch, as there was a cost difference that I gathered was significant. I wonder if this “upcharge” exists – seems to me, it can’t be a straight switch – maybe discounted as a way to promote the renovation…?

As you say, we shall all only know when we arrive. I agree, the entire atmosphere is calm enough to maintain a mostly quiet, peaceful stay. Even with more rooms meaning more people, without the “go-go-go” of animation teams, a rather modest pool bar area from what I can tell, and limited nightlife offered, we are hopeful we’ll enjoy the relaxation as we did during our first trip.

Catchin’, that is a pickle. I too would wait and see what crops up in the reviews. Maybe even check out the Dreams PC reviews to see if there is mention of the offer to visit/switch. It’s so hard to say, because one large, “busy” group could certainly alter the mood of the place, but we have no way of knowing until we get there...as is true with any resort really. I’ve read where people were looking forward to peace and quiet at places like Secrets RB, only to be inundated with a boisterous group for most of their stay.

Not going to worry too much, and will maintain our request to stay on the original side – I have a feeling it may be quieter, no matter the occupancy/clientele. :)

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Questions

I've noticed that some of the recent Zoetry reviews have been from people upgraded from Dreams. None have mentioned a price increase to stay at Zoetry. I don't want to sound picky, but we bit the bullet and spent more to stay at Zoetry because we are willing to pay for a quiet atmosphere. It's kind of rough to hear that people staying there can be paying much less then you are because they originally booked a more affordable resort.

We are coming all the way from California and one of the reasons we decided to try Punta Cana is because we had a wonderful stay at Zoetry Casa del Mar in Mexico. I'm really hoping it's the vacation I'm imagining.