We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic colonial live

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic colonial live

Currently at majestic colonial club. Arrived Saturday along with a very large group (200 kids) of spring breakers from Boston college. Still trying to figure out how these kids afford this vacation! Disappointed many are staying in the club level as noise and crowds have been a factor. I really sound like an old lady now, but it wasn't what I was expecting from an adults only vacation. Wish I had done a little more research, so I thought I would try and help out others. Weather has been getting better so that's a plus! Any questions, feel free to ask. Last night was the beach party, we tried food there and at the seafood restaurant. Neither left a good impression on any of us. Good thing for snacks at the club lounge.

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic colonial live

I feel so sorry for you as we have experienced the spring breakers twice now. They may be nice kids at home but it sure seems that a lot of them leave their manners and good behaviour at home. They completely took over the adult pool last year when we were there.

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic colonial live

We always travel March/April.

We have stayed at Elegance the last 3 trips.

We have seen small groups of teens but usually with their parents.

I'm surprised that a group of 200 college students picked Colonial.

Not exactly a cheap vacation......

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic colonial live

I am really surprised as well, spring break escapades seem to be escalating year to year.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic colonial live

Feel so bad for you! We usually plan our trips around spring break so as not to worry about it but sometimes thats not possible. I hope you have a good time regardless. So the food in your opinion is nothing great? Are you taking advantage of the butler service & if so whats it like? Just wondering what we should be doing in regards to tipping. Try to find a nice quiet spot to relax and soak up the sun :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
130 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic colonial live

Can you tell me what the events are for the week? I have tried to get them from the resort itself but I haven't received any response...thanks!

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic colonial live

kdsmith, since you've stayed at the Elegance several times I guess you've had no issues with getting sick? I usually take all the precautions needed to avoid it but it seems lime every second review of the Colonial is talking about getting violently sick from the food. Not so much worried for me as it seems I have an iron stomach (LOL!) but friends of ours are going for the 1st time and their tummies are def more sensitive. Going down with Dukoral in hand along with Pepto etc ;)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic colonial live

I was very surprised that college kids picked colonial. I looked on the college travel websites and avoided the ones that had group pricing. I assumed they would all go to the lower end party hotels. How things have changed! There was a boy passed out in the hall near the club lounge last night with staff standing around him. I actually hope he was ok and didn't crack his head on the marble. This was around 730 pm by the way!

Butlers are helpful. Not very visible, but they give you a number to call and they do get right back to you.

I'm not very helpful with the activities My activity is laying on the beach! I hear lots of noise over at the main pool, but avoid the area. Two out of four with mild stomach issues. But have been better with pepto and I think eating yogurt helps. Food has been very good at steakhouse and gourmet, but not impressed anywhere else. We do lots of allincludives, so I feel I can compare to others. This is an area I am surprised has come up short for me after reading glowing reviews from others.

Boston...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic colonial live

BC should stand for Black Card you don't have one your not getting in. A trip to PC is a drop in the bucket for these parents $55,000 tuition plusBoston cost of living sky high rents not to mention $1000.00 monthly parking spots for that shiny new SUV not a hand me down Volvo for sure. Hope you can enjoy yourself despite the noise........

New York City, New...
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic colonial live

nath3636 - I was able to get an activity list right from the hotel. My contact person was Sandra Delacruz - her email is sdelacruz@majestic-resorts.com

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic colonial live

What confuses me is if you are going to a resort to party why would you pick the Adult Only section knowing that it is not the place to party. They do this then they get there and think they have the right since they paid good money to ruin things for those of us who book an AO section for some peace and quiet.