We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, Alabama
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

We are two couples visiting Punta Cana for the first time in May. I dive but the other 3 in the party do not. I am looking for some suggestions for a great snorkel cruise with lunch included. Wanting more snorkeling less party. Also do not want a long bus ride to boat (we are staying at the Melia).I did a great snorkel/lunch tour in Bonaire (if any of you have done it) that was all about the snorkeling. Any suggestions?

Leeds, Alabama
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

Does anyone have any suggestions?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

A suggestion for you, there is no lunch on this excursion but you mentioned that you dive and the other 3 do not. I thought maybe this might interest you as it will allow the other 3 to somewhat get the diving experience.

It's called Bavaro Splash, you drive mini speed boats, you snorkel and there is also "SNUBA" which is an air hose tube that allows people to go under water around 20 feet.

Just an idea for you!

You can see pictures and reviews below

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g3176298-d2…

Leeds, Alabama
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

Thank you so much !

Bayahibe, Dominican...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

rHave you been able to find anything yet?

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

A group of 10 of us have booked with this one. The reviews were excellent and we put our deposit down through paypal, they were very helpful and professional. I emailed them and Lise responded right away. http://www.eltourcaribe.com/

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

All dive / snorkeling day excursions start in Bayahibe, the Caribbean coast of the island, about a 50 - 60 minute ride from the resort you will be staying at.

Most of the excursions are just snorkeling or just scuba diving, so for your mixed group 1 diver and 3 non divers would be the best to book a private day trip (lunch / drinks included). Try to contact Jerry from Sharky's at info@divingdr.com and see if they have anything available.

Happy travel

Denise

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

If you have snorkeled in Bonaire, I am afraid the snorkeling in Punta Cana will be very disappointing.

We did one excursion that spent time at the dolphin pens, some snorkeling in very rough water with little to see and the rest of the time standing around in waist deep water being served drinks.

There is better snorkeling further afield in Bayahibe (going over to Catalina), but the drive there is long.

8. Re: Snorkel Cruise with lunch and open bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:15