We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would be better GBP or GP for our kids?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Which would be better GBP or GP for our kids?

Planning a trip to Punta Cana (May 30 - June 6) with our family. Our two children will be going with us. Our boy is 5 and our girl is 15. We are currently considering Grand Palladium Bavaro or Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana. I know, this is like asking someone who loves apples "do you like green apples or red apples better?". I am certain we would have a great time at either place. They are both around the same price point (with Grand Palladium saving us $300-$500). What I really want to know is, would either of these resorts have an edge over the other in terms of their kids club for our 5 years old (very important) and offerings for our 15 year old. This will be the first year she will not have her sister with her (welcome to the real world of having a job and not being able to get off of work 18 year old). Room wise, I think they are both comparable? Food wise I would imagine are comparable. We've been to all inclusives before. We know it can be hit or miss but we also know there is usually something you can find. Anyway, like I said, just looking for the better resort in terms of offerings for our kids. If its basically the same, then maybe we will just go with the cheaper option. In terms of a large resort (A lof of complaints about GBP is that it's just so massive) I don't think that's an issue for us. Thank you in advance!

Jamey

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which would be better GBP or GP for our kids?

The Grand Palladium complex has one of the area's best kid & teen activity programs as well as unlimited no reservation required a la carte dining options and would be the top recommendation between these two resorts.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which would be better GBP or GP for our kids?

Thanks Travelpro! I was leaning towards Grand Palladium as I really wanted to go to their resort in Mexico a few years ago and it didn't work out. I wouldn't have really even looked at GBP, however the travel agent recommended it. The travel agent that I emailed basically ready to book, just asked for the price on Grand Palladium and never even got a response!!! And people wonder why the travel agent industry is dying! I will just book it myself thru apple directly, like I usually do!

3. Re: Which would be better GBP or GP for our kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:18