We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort or Service

Guelph, Ontario...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Which Resort or Service

So my wife and I are going away to Dominican at the end of april. We just want to know what may be best. The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real or Paradisus Punta Cana in the Royal Section. Both are the same prices. Does the Royal get alot more perks so maybe worth being at a little older hotel, or is the reserve perfect enough on the newer resort?

Any information would be great.

Thanks alot

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort or Service

I haven't been, but just based on personal research, there is Royal Service at the Paradisus Palma Real as well - sounds amazing!. The Reserve sections at both the Paradisus Palma Real and Punta Cana are more family oriented, from what I can gather, and I know from reading that the Reserve at PPR is not close to the beach, if that makes a difference to you. We had looked at the Reserve at PPR at one time, but we prefer to be closer to the beach...Royal Service at PPR is definitely "on our list" however, lol.

Others on here have been and will be able to help you out a lot more - just thought I'd throw in my two cents :)

Good luck and enjoy wherever you end up!!

Edited: 13 March 2014, 17:23
Guelph, Ontario...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort or Service

Thank you. I know they have the Royal Service at the PPR but very expensive. We can get the Royal Service at the PPC at same price as the Reserve at PPR. What to do?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,799 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort or Service

Connie W:

The PPR is definately the newer and more superior resort between these two Paradisus locations and you really don't need to upgrade to their Reserve section unless you specifically want to be in the heart of that very busy, family-friendly action section where all the kids facilities are located, or if you simply must have one of those special type accomodations they offer there such as a swim out master. The standard non-Reserve rooms at PPR are quite nice and are lots closer and more convenient to the beach & all the main resort amenities & facilities, and gets our top recommendation for the two of you, especially if your budget doesn't work for their adult-exclusive Royal section.

FYI - The PPC is their much older, original complex from the 1990's and the bookings there are not nearly as robust recently, hence the bargain price for their Royal section.

4. Re: Which Resort or Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:28