We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

We are booked for March 31st for a week and we were not able to get a Royal Golden Suite or a suite in the Ambar section. My questions is two fold (1) can you upgrade when you arrive and (2) if we can't upgrade what buildings are closest to the beach? Thanks so much!!!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Upgrading upon arrival is subject to availability, but a few of our experts will let you know about the buildings. We always stay at the Ambar, so I am not sure about the Punta Cana side. I am sure someone will help you out. Probably Brooklin or Bigjim.

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Thank you. I will see if Brooklin or Bigjim responds.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
607 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

I know from a previous post that Royal Golden rooms are buildings 20-24. I have my map in front of me and looking at that, the closest building to the beach/big pool would be 25. 25-29 are before the mangrove. There should be a link to the complex map in the top questions on the right side posted by Brooklin about the Bahia a la cartes and room requests.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Villas 23, 25-29 actually belong to the Bavaro section Club Diamond upgrade, not the Punta Cana section. Punta Cana regular villas are 11-19 and Club Golden are 1-10 and 20, 21, 22 & 24. So if you do not upgrade, the closest building in the Punta Cana section would be 11.

resortsmaps.com/map-GranBahiaPrincipePuntaCa…

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Buildings 11, 12, & 14 contain the closest standard catagory accomodations to the beach on the Punta Cana side of the complex.

At this time, the resort is fully booked thru the week past Easter Sunday and unless there is a last minute cancellation that occurs at the time you are checking-in, on-site upgrading to one of the Club level rooms or to the Ambar is quite unlikely.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

checkingitout16,

The resort themselves highly recommends that guests wishing to upgrade do so with their tour operator/travel agent prior to arrival, for the reasons that it is less costly to do so that upon arrival plus you are then guaranteed the upgrade - otherwise it is based on availability at the time of your arrival - as fellow Destination Expert has mentioned, the resort is fully booked once again, so it seems very unlikely that obtaining what you wish upon arrival is possible.

Just so that yo are aware, the cost to upgrade to Club Golden or Club Diamond would be $20US per person per day (with children aged 2-12 paying 50% of the adult rate), and to upgrade to the Ambar resort would be $30US per person per day.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Thank you. I have contacted the resort directly but I will have to cross my fingers. Our tour operator apparently can only book Royal Garden suites (and they are not available) and the travel agent tells me the operator cannot book Ambar or Esmerelda....sounds odd to me but I guess it is what it is...

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Only booking one section is not unusual. When we stayed at the Bahia Bavaro 3 years ago, our tour operator was Sunwing and they did not offer any other sections of the resort and no upgrades to the Bavaro Diamond Club. We asked and our travel agent inquired for us. Each operator seems to have their own deals with the resorts.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
607 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I had marked up my map incorrectly.

All fixed now and I will make sure that I wait for the true experts to post!

Deepest apologies for the mis-information :(

10. Re: Rooms at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:18