We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

I am confirmed with Seavis for the Sanoa VIP tour during my stay in June.

Any experiences or suggestions for it?

Stayhappyrd
Sightseeing Tours
Punta Cana Mike's Private Dominican Adventure
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
CultourAll
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
MINItoursDR
Sightseeing Tours
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

We will be there next week and are booked with Seavis for the Saona tour, will let you know when we get back.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

Went on it a few months ago. Was wonderful. Do you have specific questions?

I would suggest bringing your stuff in a beach bag/knapsack. They put it in an enclosed area as not to get wet. The ride can get very fast and bumpy. It is alot of fun. You make many stops at 3 different beaches plus the natural pool. Have a cover up on over your bathing suit for easy access on off the boat and into the water. We had an underwater camera which was nice to take.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

The boat leaves in an hour and I'll be on it! It's my 6th time or so, since I bring all my new friends along. It's a must do!

I too will try to help with questions.

Kaki

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

Amazing experience and a well organized eco-tour. BRING SUNSCREEN! And bug spray as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

Thank you all! Seems like a great way to spend a day.

How is the lunch buffet? The pictures look good.

Also, for drinks...I'm assuming water and soda...Presidentes? Rum?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

Any knowledge on the above??

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

Lunch was great! Waters, soda and rum. Don't remember beer. Snacks throughout the day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

They say that beer is available for purchase at the Mano Juan stop and don't promise it as part of the day, but did offer it at the first Saona Island beach stop--Catuano Beach--as well on my recent trip.

They offer clean snorkelling equipment if you choose to borrow it, but I always like to use my own mask and tube knowing whose mouth was last on it. I do, however, use their fins. You will have to remember to pick that up when on the Bayahibe Beach before departing since they don't keep excess on the boat.

My recommendations are to bring an underwater camera for snorkelling shots, particularly at the third beach stop, Canto de la Playa, and a bit of money to buy a massage or art or jewellery on the beach (most selection at Mano Juan so don't think that Catuano is your only chance at it) as well as for a tip. There is no expectation of a tip, but once you see the mastery with which the captain manoeuvres the craft and how friendly and knowledgeable the guides are, you'll likely want to give them something.

Sunscreen and a hat are both mandatory! It gets really hot and bright on this day. You can retreat to the shade on the stops, but when on the boat or walking around or in the Natural Pool, you don't always have that choice.

Kaki

Mentioned in this post
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
743 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

we just got back, our 2nd seavis vip trip. There was complimentary beer and rum-cokes at the boat bar, on the first stop. Lunch was pork, and chicken with various salads, and fruit. Ingrid was our guide,, very enthusiastic. I would recommend water shoes, for the piscina natural,,, if you don't like stepping on the unknown. Canto de la playa is absolutely gorgeous... the colours of the water.

Hope to go again one day. Have fun!

10. Re: Seavis Sanoa Island Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:15