We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Questions.......

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton Questions.......

Firstly is Diamond Club worth the upgrade? I have the option to pre book when booking online and unsure weather to spend the extra £££$$$

The beach is the water swimable ie not too choppy?

Are the al a cartes unlimited?

Does the beach get super busy, I not a big fan of over crowded beaches. Where you are packed in like sardines!

Anyone have a resort map?

Many thanks.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton Questions.......

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

It's not a good one

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royalton Questions.......

Have not been to resort buy gonna be there in early April and have gotten many of your answers directly from management.

- Diamond club is $35US/per person per day if you upgrade at resort, Only you can make the determination if the extras are worth it. You basically get your own beach area and bar with Bali Beds but have heard it's hard to get a bed unless your up at 6am as there are not many. Also have your own butler at your service who can run errands and make restaurant reservations for you though they are not required. Special Lounge area with premium alchohol. We decided not to book the diamond club and save the money for excursions.

- Beach is usually swimmable. I have stayed a few resorts down the beach at the Bahia and though the water can be a bit choppy at times its still okay. Get a boogie board and ride some of the waves so much fun. If you have small children I would recommend you are always keeping an eye on them as there is a slight undercurrent

- A la Cartes are unlimited and do not require reservations (expect for Japanese). I have heard that there is sometimes a short wait at some of the more popular restaurants like the steakhouse. They do provide u with pagers though so u can at least go grab a drink at the bar if you have to wait.

- I have heard that the beach does get quite crowded are there is not a lot of shade. They need to get more palapas and have heard that they have ordered more. Hopefully they have them by the time I arrive.

- I have a really good resort map but not sure how to upload it on here. Go the the Royalton facebook page and send them a private message asking for the map. Mayra Veras is the community manager and is awesome at answering any questions you may have. Usually responds back same day. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/PuntaCanaResort

-

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton Questions.......

Good info Harvey! I haven't had as much luck getting them to respond on Facebook. I recently asked if Memories guests still had access to Royalton pools and they didn't reply so I'm guessing that answer is yes. I was reading a comment from a guy asking them if they had any more loungers and I don't think they replied to that either. What do you think about the possibility of getting bumped?

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royalton Questions.......

I'm a little concerned about getting bumped since its sold out. I have already facebooked the manager with my room requests and he said he would send it to reception and make sure our requests were met so that makes me a bit more comfortable. I think I will also take a private taxi to the resort so I beat the rest of our group landing from Toronto in case they bump the last people that arrive if they are overbooked.

5. Re: Royalton Questions.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 18:06
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royalton Questions.......

What is your problem, Petereal?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royalton Questions.......

Report it, Mark

All of his posts have been ignorant. He must be a troll

Toronto
Level Contributor
176 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royalton Questions.......

I was at Royalton in February. Harvey16 is bang on with his answers to all your questions.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royalton Questions.......

Are there places to sit outside to eat at the buffet or any of the a la carte's in the evenings?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royalton Questions.......

So I see there is a Adult only pool, is this for Diamond Club or all?

And how busy does the beach get I assume Royalton have a separate section from the other part of the hotel. I can't bear a super crowded beach never forget when I've stayed at GBP Ambar and saw the section for the regular GBP guests it was so packed in.