We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Smart Phone App

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton Smart Phone App

Had anyone used the smartphone app while at the resort. Looks like you can make phone calls, get texts ect... Looks really cool, wondering how well it actually works. Would be really nice to be able to call and texts others in our group without have to use data or roaming fees.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton Smart Phone App

I'm thinking that if everyone in the group gets the app and a phone number assigned, then you would use that number to text each other at the resort-that's what we are thinking (we have 4 adults, 4 kids). What I was wondering is do I use the phone number the app assigned to me to give yo my family in the US to call me if they need to? Is it free if they call or text me using that assigned phone number? Hopefully the resort can help out!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royalton Smart Phone App

Hondo,

Reading the description of Royaltons app on the Andriod site the calling is done by the Fongo app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

So I presume they just have the Fongo app embedded into their app. If you downloaded the Fongo app and played around with it then you will know what your basically getting with the Royalton app when your at the resort.

However if Royalton offers free internet around the resort you could always just download the textme app on you phones, tablets, ipod touch.. you will all be given a local number in your area (or closet available area code)... and you can text, call each other for free... and anyone back home that wants to call you can just dial your app number. Basically the same thing as the Fongo app.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton Smart Phone App

Thanks Big Jim! I think that is exactly how it works --- just like the textme app that you were talking about.

4. Re: Royalton Smart Phone App

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 06:17