We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Amber

uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Amber

Hi all

Considereing the Amber for a 14 day holiday in June. Have read all the reviews and checked this forum on a regular basis - only thing holding us back is the dreaded towel game! Really don't want to be up at the crack of dawn to get a bed on the beach, but need shade (fair skin!).

Anyone travelled in June in the past? Was it really that bad??

Thanks in advance :-)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

If you've been checking in on the forums you've noticed me, and at least one other has mentioned that it wasn't as bad as some have experienced. I think that it changes as the range of guests do. We found that while walking on the beach at different times we did find open loungers and palapas. One day at 9am we were lucky to find two open chairs with cover all the way to the left. Another day it was 2pm and people like us, who probably started early, were packing up and leaving open chairs. It's crowded yes, but we had good luck.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

June is a very popular time of year with high occupancy levels and you just may have to get out early to stake claim to a lounger with a preferred shade location.

Atleast at the Ambar pool deck area, guests claiming lounge chairs before 8AM must remain with them as security removes all unattended belongings before then.

Remember that on their beach, any loungers or palapas forward of the Ambar-exclusive area may be claimed by any Gran Bahia guest regardless of age.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
519 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

There is plenty of palapas for shade, you just may not get something close to the beach front if you arive late in the morning.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

If you walk to the left of the beach bar, there are lots of palapas there. We had no problem finding shade. We did however, play the towel game, hubby is a very early riser (I am too), so we just go down to the beach to get our chairs (I too am very fair) and sit in them until mid-afternoon and then head to the pool...23 days and counting!

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

Did I not here that the Ambar restricted area has now extended down to the water? So guests from other parts of the resort cannot claim those front 4 or 5 rows anymore?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

You are absolutely correct notkevin.

uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

Thanks for all the responses.

I do feel more reassured now! Hubby and I are not bothered about front line, just want shade on the beach at around 8am. Seems we should be pretty much ok.

Thanks again!

Edited: 19 March 2014, 19:26
uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

Thanks for all the responses.

I do feel more reassured now! Hubby and I are not bothered about front line, just want shade on the beach at around 8am. Seems we should be prettt much ok.

Thanks again!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

I've travelled to the Ambar every year for the last 4 years but in April/May never June, I have never had an issue with getting a lounge chair. If you are up early 1st or second row, if not there are lots of empty loungers farther back.

10. Re: Grand Bahia Amber

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:24