We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Memories - any questions?

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Memories - any questions?

Had a great time, no complaints. Will post a review in a few days but if anyone has questions I will try to answer.

montreal canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Hi I notice in another post you mentioned staying at memories but eating at the steakhouse. I have read memories guests do not have access to royalton specialty restaurants. Have the rules changed.

Thanks

Edited: 22 March 2014, 14:05
st.catharines
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

got a silly question my dad likes crown royal ...do they offer any kind of rye like cc anything

thanks again we leave next sunday for 2 weeks staying on royalton side cant wait ...

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Memories guests have access to all of the Royalton a la cartes at a cost of $15 per person. That has always been the rule. You can also eat in the sports bar at the Royalton. There was no cost and you order from a menu. We had nachos (tortilla chips with dips as opposed to with cheese melted on the chips like we are used to here), chicken wings and chicken nuggets (real chicken, not pressed or pre-fab).

As for the rye, sorry I didn't really notice. I drink the fruity drinks and don't pay much attention to what goes in them :)

montreal canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Thanks for the reply I am trying to decide which of the two hotels are a better choice for children 10 and 12. Close to water park or beach can't decide? What did you think of the upgraded swim out rooms ? Do Royalton guests also pay the fee at memories restaurant fee.

Thanks again

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

We had our 11 year old son with us. He loved the waterpark and the beach. We would get up in the morning and have breakfast at the buffet then go to the waterpark for a couple of hours. Then we would head to the Royalton and have lunch at the pool grill (burgers and fries) or the Italian buffet at the beach. After lunch we went to the beach. It worked well for us and I didn't see the need to be closer to the beach, but it is personal preference. The trolley system is very efficient and we never waited more than 5 minutes for a ride. It's not a long walk but it was too easy to be lazy and catch a ride :). The swim out rooms looked kind of neat, but you are swimming out into a long narrow pool, not a big open space. The Royalton guests do not pay to eat at Memories.

montreal canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Did your son pay at rayolton for meals too or just the adults

Thanks

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Funny you should ask :). When we went to put our name on the list, the lady glanced at my bracelet and said "it's not included, you pay $15 per person" and then she nodded towards my son and said something else that I didn't catch. It didn't matter because I knew I had to pay. They didn't bring a bill to our table so I just assumed they would bill our room. I had read a previous review where someone had ordered a bottle of wine at a restaurant and their room was charged so I assumed that's how they did it. Anyway, I didn't think anymore about it and it didn't even come to mind when we were checking out a few days later. It was only when we got home and I was telling someone about the trip that I remembered we hadn't paid.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Just booked the Memories for April 4th!! Are chairs hard to get at the beach and/or pool? How is the sports bar? It is at The Royalton, can we still use it? How many restaurants are open for breakfast?

Thanks!

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Never had a problem getting chairs at the beach or the pool, but seldom with shade. The quiet pool always had lots of chairs. Yes, you can eat at the sports bar at the Royalton. They have burgers, wraps, chicken wings, etc. it's not a buffet. No extra cost. We only ate breakfast at the memories buffet. None of the memories a la cartes served breakfast, I don't think royaltons did either, but you can go to the Royalton buffet.

Mooresville, North...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Memories - any questions?

Did you upgrade to Diamond Club? If yes was it worth it? If no do you wish that u had? Also we booked a family suite - any particular building that you recommend? We want to be in something newly renovated and close to beach/pools

Thanks