We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Excellence Resort

Woodstock, Maryland
Level Contributor
400 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Excellence Resort

Hi,

Some more questions about Excellence Punta Cana. Is it better to get your booking reservation from the Hotel directly or through Funjet Vacations? Also do you know if the Terrace Oceanfront rooms have the canopy bed? Are the views from this suite direct Oceanfront and are they good views usually. Mark or Flip Flop man are you out there? Any advice or information will be very helpful.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Excellence Resort

request the rates from different sellers and from the hotel directly, for the same roomcategory, and go with the one which shows the best offer

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Excellence Resort

It depends on what time of year, and where you are from. Excellence has promotions on their website. Sometimes, you can get great pricing, far less expensive than from vacation companies like Funjet. I almost always book it direct with the resort, and the flight separately, and it's been cheaper than any package I could find.

One advantage is that you can cancel at any time, up until a week before, without any sort of insurance. If a better deal comes along, cancel, and book the better deal. This happened to me once, when I caught a two day sale on Expedia, and it saved me $80 per night. But other than that, I've found it to be cheaper direct.

Much of this depends on your flexibility in terms of the days you can leave and come back. Flight costs can vary drastically from a Tuesday to a Thursday, for example. For example, last June, I was able to do 9 nights for $180 more than 7 nights, hotel and flights included, because of the flight costs. I could have done 6 nights for a few hundred less, but chose to go for more.

The Terrace Suites are indeed oceanfront, and have great views of the ocean. They are top floor, looking over the palm trees, and are closest to the ocean. They have large day beds on the terrace. I don't recall any canopy over the bed. Building 10, Terrace Suite would be my number one choice of room.

Mark

3. Re: Questions about Excellence Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:17