We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Excellence Punta Cana

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Live from Excellence Punta Cana

We are 5 days into our trip and 6 more to go. Beautiful resort. Food has been very good and liquor selection is better than expected (Smirnoff, Stoli,, Crown Royal etc.) The vibe is a little quieter than expected and yet people participate pretty well in activities. Communication is definitely more difficult than Excellence Riviera Cancun. Which makes it hard to deem the service as "great" but they certainly are helpful is they understands you. Our transport wasn't arranged despite 3 follow-ups. I reconfirmed face to face for our friends and lucky I did because they had no record of it when I did.

Any last minute questions before your trip? I'll try to answer if I don't get distracted by the fun and beauty.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

What is your favourite restaurant far and how do you think the food compares to ERC

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

Still trying to decide on both but here's my current impression:

Breakfast:ERC

Lunch: tie

Dinner: Edge to EPC for variety and quality of meat. But both places are great so it takes some hair splitting to decide.

Spice is our favorite at both and the Pad Thai here was fantastic. Last night we went to Lobster House and I enjoyed it more than I expected but its definitely a light dinner.

Can't wait to try more. I also like the fact that here at EPC they don't close a restaurant every night and fewer theme buffet dinners

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

Hi,

leaving for EPC Friday (just a little bit excited!) and wondering if I need an electrical converter.

Thanks, Michelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

No you do not.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

"I also like the fact that here at EPC they don't close a restaurant every night and fewer theme buffet dinners"

Do they not still have two themed buffets in the evening

They used to have one of the beach and one in the Cafe / Kafe area

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

Yes they still have 2 buffets/week, weather permitting. I think the point was that many resorts close a restaurant every night, wheras EPC has everything open every night except the 2 buffet nights.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

It depends on the occupancy level. When it's lower occupancy, they sometimes close a restaurant each night on a rotating basis. The themed buffets are on Monday and Thursday.

Mark

Woodstock, Maryland
Level Contributor
400 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

What type of room do you have? Are you in excellence club and do the beds have a canopy on them? Is the water nice and clean and swimmable?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

We have never done Club. We actually like regular garden view. No canopy on the bed. The ocean is not swimmable IMO due to constant surf a hundred yards+ out.

Yes they have two buffet dinners.

Newcastle
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Excellence Punta Cana

Hi there. Booking for September this year and was wondering if you could tell me what brandy or cognac they have. Any sign of remy martin or courvoisier. Also are ther a good selection of English speaking tv channels as we sometimes like to order room service and have a night in. Sometimes nice to relax and not have to get ready, dressed and shaved etc. Thanking you in advance and enjoy , graeme