We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Trying to narrow it down between those three resorts. Traveling with a 16 , 18 and 6 year old. Want to make sure there is plenty for them to do but also want to make sure we don't get sick from food. Want a great place that will have special memories!

Louisville...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

We narrowed to down to the same 3 choices!! We ended up picking Majestic due to a good deal we got, but I was really leaning toward Deams Punta Cana b/c they have a family room that is 2 rooms that connect with a king in one room and 2 doubles in the other with 2 Bathrooms. But it was further from the airport (45min to 1 hr). Dreams Palm is the closest to the airport (only 15 min). I heard there is more things to do for kids at Dreams than Majestic. The rooms at Majestic don't have a lot of privacy (all open concept) which may be an issue....but their rooms look very nice. We aren't goin until Christmas! Good luck with your choice!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Dreams Palm Beach and Punta Cana are very similar. I think of Palm Beach as a smaller version of Punta Cana.

I think Palm Beach has 2 less restaurants and doesn't have both open air restaurants (Oceana and Seaside Grill) on the beach - I think Palm Beach has an Oceana on the water.

I can say the teen core zone at Punta Cana is pretty large. I haven't been to Palm Beach but I don't think it is as big. The kids club at Punta Cana has a pirate ship with water slide that is nice for the younger one.

The travel time is of no consequence. From airport to Palm beach is like 15 minutes and to Punta Cana it is like 35. Nothing big in the grand scheme of your holiday (45min - 1 hr. quoted above is before the new highway was completed - it actually back then was about an hour).

I think Punta Cana being slightly larger would appeal to the teen agers. But I think the real way to chose between the 2 is what do you prefer - - - Pool or Beach.

Punta Cana - incredible freeform pool stretching entire resort where you can find action or quiet. Beach a little wavier. Coral on right side you have to watch out for. more calm and sandy on bottom to the left.

Palm Beach - on a nice stretch of calm sandy bottom beach. Pool not going to be as impressive as Punta Cana.

If your a beach person Palm Beach. If your a pool person Punta Cana. Punta Cana a little larger (not mega resort size though still easy to walk around) and Palm Beach on the smaller side.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Brewer. We are leaving April 8! Yeah! I actually booked majestic and dreams. Dreams came in at even less than majestic I stumbled on a great deal! Otherwise it seemed to have been double majestics price. I was nervous on food reviews and folks getting so sick. But I guess that can happen everywhere. But majestics comments lately were all about how sick they got from food.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Cb, thanks I think we are gonna stick with dreams pc. We do love a good pool. Hoping boys can do some water sports in the ocean too though!?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

We are arriving at Dreams Punta Cana April 12th (our kids 7, 12, 13)....but also coming with us kids 8, 10, 13, 13, 15

Yes there is the water trampoline and climbing iceburg out in the ocean. Plus the free kayaks, hobie cats, sailboats, snorkeling equipment. The water sports desk is great and they do get to know scuba classes in the pool every afternoon (usually midway-pool near barracuda). You can walk up about 10 minutes on the beach right around their Breathless resort there is a little shopping village.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Here are some of our photos from Dreams Punta Cana last April:

https:/…S_4WbV6_0d

Here are the Daily Sundial activity newsletters from last April:

https:/…_byU91PTO7

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

I took a look at Majestic Colonial. It looks very similar to Dreams in a little larger scale and a little higher end. Really, we haven't tried the other resorts like Majestic that are a little higher end because Dreams has just been such a good and relaxing vacation with all our boxes checked we haven't probably explored the other resorts as much.

Be interesting if your going to both how they compare. Majestic facilities look on the nicer end... but my question always becomes how does it fit what you are looking for on a vacation. Example: Atlantis in the Bahamas is higher end . . but I pretty much don't like the place. I don't get the relaxation I get at Dreams. So fancier amenities (and nicer basic rooms I'm sure) as Majestic for me don't always translate to a better time. Staff, ease of access to everything, relaxing vacation where everyone has fun is my bigger priority.

But I'm very interested in a comparison directly.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Cb, funny we originally looked at Atlantis. But passed and are doing Punta Cana instead! We will only be staying at one hotel. I booked two as I'm indecisive. Lol. But yea we like to sit and relax and take things easy but keep kids entertained at the same time. Glad to see there are lots of activities at dreams. My sons bday is the day you're arriving. Are the rooms at dreams decent? Hoping to get an ocean view but thinking that won't happen. We had to do two rooms as wouldn't fit all in one. Is that true or do you know something I don't? Thanks for sharing pics. Not sure if majestic is higher scale or not but as I mentioned seemed too many were unhappy with food and got sick there. I think entertainment wise should be similar. Also, do you upgrade to preferred or is that a waste? Ah so many decisions!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Dreams PC is the best choice especially with your kids. In no way is Majestic more high end. It has wrist bands, towel cards, extremely busy beach with wall to wall resorts, reservations needed for dinner at some restaurants, restrictions on going next door blah blah. Dreams PC is great value, good food, good entertainment, beautiful quiet beach. Enjoy!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Punta Cana or Dreams Palm or Majestic Colonial??

Yea the reviews of Majestic don't scream high end. Pictures do. Great how marketing can make you think something is higher end.

Yes I wouldn't go there based on having to make dinner reservations alone. Unaware of towel card/wrist bands/crowd. Yea dreams never seems crowded, no reservations, no wrist bands, no towel cards. Just come and relax.

Suesacutie - email Hector the Concierge at dreams and let him know it is your Sons birthday the day you arrive. They will normally put his name in the newsletter that day saying happy birthday. Last year they put my daughters name in the newsletter and when we check in our room it was decorated with balloons.

My room was terrific last year, preferred club junior suite. But I have been in the standard rooms. Not real big but certainly adequate for a beach vacation. There is no reason to spend much time in the room. Your room will not be ocean view. The rooms face toward the center (Pool) or outside (garden). Get a pool view in one of the front buildings and you may get a glimpse of ocean.

You are going to have a much more relaxed time at Dreams than Atlantis!!!

Preferred club - depends on your needs. What you get with preferred is you will be in one of the front buildings close to the Seaside Grill / Oceana. Directly in front of you will be the end of pool with the swim up bar. It is the action area - not the quiet area. So preferred club puts you more in the action. The preferred club beach area is nice but to me the benefits are - Oceana on the water for breakfast and lunch (#1 perk) and the preferred club lounge which is also right there by the swim up bar end of pool. Great little snacks during day and nice quiet bar indoors. Also free internet.

I have not done preferred club at other dreams resorts because preferred club normally puts you in a more quiet area of the resort (others in Dominican have a preferred club quiet pool even). That doesn't really appeal to me.... I do preferred club at Punta Cana because it puts you directly in the action (not quiet - opposite) and gives you more variety at the beach having the preferred club lounge and Oceana access.

I have heard that you can get what they call concierge service - which doesn't put you in preferred club but does give you access to Oceana for breakfast/lunch and is a little cheaper than full upgrade to preferred.

You can ask Hector and he can tell you better.

econcierge.drepc@dreamsresorts.com