We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

Hi! First I want to thank you all for the many tips and advice given here, especially John "Bubba King" :-)

Just reading through this forum and I came across a post regarding teens and wristbands...I believe it said at the Bahia Resorts if they are under 18 they receive a blue wristband. We have older teens (15 & 17 along with a 20 year old) so obviously they will not always be with us. I was wondering since Esmerelda facilities are not shared with Punta Cana/Bavaro guests would they be questioned about being on the Esmerelda side? I've never been to such a large resort, maybe I misunderstood the post and each resort at the complex actually has its own has it's own color of kid's wristbands?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

If your staying in Bavaro, Punta Cana or Premier you "DO NOT" have access to Esmeralda or Ambar.... I don't know the color of the wrist bands but there different and your kids should not even bother trying to go into those sections as they will be politely asked to leave.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

We are staying at the Esmerelda, I just thought if all the kids at the Bahia complex have the same color wristbands it would be hard for the staff to know that they actually belong at the Esmerelda as opposed to one of the other resorts. I would hate for them to be questioned all the time or even sent off the property! Lol

It's probably nothing to worry about anyway. Thanks for responding I do appreciate your help.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

Sorry - The way I read this line it sounded like you were in the Bavaro/Punta Cana section.

"I was wondering since Esmerelda facilities are not shared with Punta Cana/Bavaro guests would they be questioned about being on the Esmerelda side?"

As your in Esmeralda you will be fine and they can come and go as they please... Again not sure the exact colors of the bracelets but they will be different colors.

Your 20 year old can also access the Ambar section but the ones under 18 can't.

Safe Travels!

Edited: 30 March 2014, 18:11
Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

Thanks, Bigjim! I appreciate all your posts... You and John are truly an asset to this forum! My son wouldn't care about being questioned but my 15 year old daughter would die of embarrassment if someone asked her if she was allowed to be there LOL

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

They will all be fine :-)

They simply can't go into other sections main buffets and the ones under 18 can't go into the Ambar section.

Keep in mind for those over 18 that drink alcohol.. top shelf liquor is only included when your in the Esmeralda/Ambar section.... in the other sections including the Pueblo Principe it's domestic brands that are included... Top shelf can still be ordered for a fee for instance if you were in the Bavaro lobby.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 18:27
6. Re: Wristbands @ Esmerlda Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:17