We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School visit

Buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
School visit

Hi we are coming to punta cana in april with a group of seniors in high school. We would like a chance to visit a school and bring supplies and toys for the kids. I did this as a child and I will never forget the feeling of giving to these amazing little children. I already contacted punta cana mike and he is booked the week we are there. Does anyone have another contact for visiting the schools? Can we contact someone at the school directly? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School visit

Outback Safari does a tour that stops briefly at a school and you can donate $ or supplies. It is a very quick visit and you don't really get to interact with the kids, so as not to interrupt their school day to much. Outback safari also sponsors the school. Maybe contact them.

Either way it is a great day trip very informative and entertaining.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: School visit

contact Punta Cana Mike:

http://www.puntacanamike.com/

email: puntacanamike@gmail.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: School visit

You could also post your request on dr1.com as someone there may be able to help. As the previous comment has said these tours are more about entertainment than real education. Would you expect your home school to be interrupted by tourists visiting you? Just a thought.

Buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: School visit

As a teacher myself I wasn't planning on just showing up unannounced!!! I thought perhaps we could visit during lunch or recess. I will try that website. Thanks

5. Re: School visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 07:15