We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August travel

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
August travel

I know there is a great variation in what a family can spend for a week's vacation, however, I also want to have a realistic expectation. Based on the experience of people who have travelled in August from the NYC area, what is the sort of mid-range I should expect to pay for air and AI for 2 adults and 2 kids? I am seeing prices for around $5000 with everything included but I am wondering if prices will drop. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated?

Also, when is a good time to book for an August rip? Is it better to wait a few weeks/months?

Edited: 31 March 2014, 03:12
Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,344 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August travel

Some resorts will have specials, some will not. Depends so much on the resort choice also. We feel they are all nice, yet lately only holiday at Iberostar PC. Last August and September price was $999. AI per adult.

2. Re: August travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16