We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

Hello! Hubby and I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary in June by staying at the Grand Bahia Principe Ambar. I'm so excited and can't wait to get there. My question is, what is the best restaurant for an intimate anniversay dinner. I of course want good food and service, but also more of a romantic atmosphere. No buffets, for example. :) From what I have read so far, Olivio, Don Pablo and Capriccio are on the short list. Thoughts? Others I should consider? Thanks very much!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

Don Pablo or if you want at an extra cost (around $90 per per) they offer a romantic dinner on the beach.. Your butler can assist you with arranging that if you wish

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

Or even take a look at Jelly Fish Restaurant... would be cheaper then the beach dinner that Bahia offers... If I am not mistaken Jelly Fish will offer free transportation to and from the resort if the bill is over $100...

http://www.jellyfishrestaurant.com/

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
304 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

I would reccomend the Don Pablo. for a romantic dinner. However afterwoods go to the Buffet for the deserts, we found them tastier than at Don Pablo.

Madison, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

Ooooh, I like the idea of a beach dinner...I hadn't thought about that. Good options all around!

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

The Don Pablo is great for celebrating anniversaries and birthdays. Last time we celebrate a birthday and our meal was silver service absolutely beautiful they made and brought out a special birthday cake and constantly made sure our glasses where topped up with champagne. Wonderful service :)

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

The Don Pablo is great for celebrating anniversaries and birthdays. Last time we celebrate a birthday and our meal was silver service absolutely beautiful they made and brought out a special birthday cake and constantly made sure our glasses where topped up with champagne. Wonderful service :)

canada
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

don pablo for SURE. oliva and portofino are very nice also..but have a buffet set up for the appetizers and the deserts. Ask for Hector in the don pablo..he is amazing. we have spent five weeks in the last year and a half at this resort..and it is our fav in DR.. we are currently heading there in sept with some crazy belfast ppl we met on our first trip there..October 2012 (Rachel L) lol..

Edited: 01 April 2014, 23:50
8. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recs at Grand Bahia Punta Cana Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:16