We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any UK travellers who booked the Luxury room with Ocean view. And have now been told the room doesn't exist and is now a 'limited sea view'. They've seemed to take about £80 off the holiday cost, do you guys think thats fair or do you think they should provide more compensation or even upgrade for selling a room that basically doesn't exist.

I also notice on thomsons room descriptions, they state the luxury double is in the adult section, so am i right in presuming the 'luxury room limited sea view' also is part of the adult section with access to the adult pool?

So anyone else experiencing this at the moment? or infact been there already in these circumstances?

Please don't be smart and ask to ask Thomson and not on here, as thats next on my agedna :)

Just thought I'd share this with fellow travellers.

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

Our booking from the outset was LUXLSV so I can't comment regarding the change as this hasn't happened to us. Maybe Thompson don't have these rooms anymore? The only rooms that I could book with sea view where about £200pp more (not Diamond Club)

Would however be interested to know if these rooms as you say are by the adults pool, or infact what location they may be? I'm assuming a limited sea view can only be on a high floor, which is what I would prefer.

Or which blocks contain which type of room? As it seems there are a few room types.

I haven't seen anything with Thompson with regards the adults only section, and wasn't a option a the booking stage (just to book the Diamond Club) which we have passed on.

When is your trip?

Regards Cat

2. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 22:38
Worksop
Level Contributor
131 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

When I booked 10 months ago I paid for a 'Sea View' room. Then a few weeks ago I was forced to change dates and was told by Thomson's that only 'Limited Sea View Rooms' were now available, albeit £60pp cheaper. I just assumed that the full sea view rooms had sold out but I guess following "Customer Feedback" (!!) they've had to be a little more honest with their descriptions!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

If you check out the descriptions on thomsons site....

thomson.co.uk/destinations/…rooms

You will see it mentions the Luxury Room having adult pool access etc. Apparentley block 2 is luxury adult rooms with the adult pool (what Ive read from others on here). Im hoping what I have is the top floor of this building.

I'm going end of June, what about you?

Going to screenshot my booking, there description of what I should get etc just incase they screw me over when I get there, can never be to sure with Thomson hehe

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

so Worksopblue did they take £60pp off your bill? or refund you it you had already paid it?

As it seems they only deducted £42pp from our total...

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

Ok so I've just checked the website, my room I thought had booked was a deluxe room with limited sea view. However when you go to book this on the website the room then says Luxury double with limited sea view. Which is what it says on my paper work from Thompson LUXLSV so I'm guessing that the website is at fault with room descriptions. And now as you mentioned I've seen it says the Luxury rooms are said to be in a separate area with private adults only pool and bar.

So I'm now confused to what I've booked, if the website is at fault with the room selections? Hey ho I guess I'll see what happens in September when we arrive either way it will be good, I can't wait, enjoyed quite a few DR holidays and excited to see what Royalton has to offer!

High Wycombe...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

i also got a refund. It turns out that to see the sea you ahve to look sideways as none of the hotel blocks face head on to sea.

My confirmation also says LUXLSV but we are with 2 kids so assume won't be in adults only area.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

I've checked my booking online and on paper work, but can't seem to find any code such as LUXLSV. Maybe its due to the time of booking.

I might drop them an email today with my earlier questions to see if they can straighten it up for

hants
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

We were there in Jan and then our room was called a luxury room, it did have a sea view if you lent over the balcony as far as we could tell deluxe are the same as luxury the only difference is if you have a pool view or garden as they call it, it's just the trees either side of the resort which is what we had which was no problem the rooms are lovely. There are adults only and swim up rooms which cost more. We're going back in June and have asked for pool view whether we get one is another story but not really that bothered..

Worksop
Level Contributor
131 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royalton PuntaCana - Thomson -Luxury Room "LImited Sea View"

Hi Gary B. We changed from a May24 departure to early July. It was £180 cheaper for the 3 of us, minus £150 admin charge so they refunded £30!. I guess the price difference could also be due to the date of travel however the description of the room definitely differed to my original booking confirmation (not just the web site description). Not the end of the world.. As long as the sun shines and they're showing the World Cup in the Sports Bar!