We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia royal questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
171 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia royal questions

Does anyone have their email? I forgot to request a king bed! Also, we are interested in renting the cabanas, how much is it, and where do you sign up? Lastly, which of the excursion guys who walk around are legitimate? When we stayed at the pcp, we bought excursions from a guy walking around the pool and had to pay him cash. We got a great deal but I was worried that it was a scam :). Thankfully it worked out and we paid much less than everyone else on the excursions. Anyone like that at Catalonia?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia royal questions

Don't worry, 99% of the rooms have king beds. You will get one.

The cabanas by the pool are first come first serve. Be prepared to rise before the roosters if you want one. The hotel does have a special package where you have your own private set up with a cabana lounger on the beach including a person who caters to only you all day. Not sure of the price. Ask at the front desk or the concierge.

Not sure about excursions. I never dealt with the beach sellers. I have read about some folks being ripped off by sellers asking for cash upfront. (speaking in general, not specific to Catalonia.)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia royal questions

I forgot e-mail addy.

royal.adireccion@hoteles-catalonia.es

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia royal questions

legitimate sellers on the Beach and/or around a pool will not oblige to pay a excursion in full upfront. usual would be that they ask for a downpayment/deposit, and for that they give you a receipt which shows name and logo and phonenumber of the legitimate company you get booked with. the phonenumber of the company is important in case the morning of your excursion your driver does not show up for pick up at the lobby or in case something comes up with you and you have to call and reshedule or cancel.

happy touring

MIke

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia royal questions

The cabana on the beach was $75 US for the day - included full service from the bar, food and snacks throughout the day. Only issue is that it sits right in front of the beach bar and beside the water sports shack and is fairly busy with foot traffic back and forth.

Bugs

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia royal questions

Bugs,

full bar service there all day long??

so there will never be any need to search for you at the Cat, i guess the Cabaña is booked up for a week already starting this friday, hehe

Mike

Berrien Springs...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia royal questions

The Cabanas surrounding the infinity pool a couple of weeks ago were about half occupied. Can't say how it will be for you, but that pool was usually pretty quiet and few people.

@bugs, did you pre-rent the beach cabana for the day? I might have to pop in on ya and have a Prezzie, haha.

MichRob

7. Re: Catalonia royal questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 06:15