We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Today is the day..no matter what ..LOL

Looking at the 2 Reserve Paradisus and Paradisus Palm..

The Palm ... is the quality that much better than the Punt Cana ?

Such as food, drink, pool, room and service....

I drive myself silly....but it is so fun looking and deciding :)

DC

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

I've only stayed at Punta Cana not Palma Real but we thought everything was top notch. The rooms were very nice and did not seem dated. The food was very good and service was incredible. Depending on the price difference, I would lean towards Punta Cana as I'm not sure the newer facility would really be worth paying more for.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

food and service wise i would not differ to make it worth a significant higher price.

a basic difference, at times(which are unpredictable) is the surf conditions on the beach.

the beach at the Palma is year around very calm, you can always swim in the ocean there, while the PPC beach can get very rough at times, depending from which direction the currents hit the reef barrier and depending on the Surf's powers during tidal changes and while offshore Sea may be rough etc, as the reefbarrier has in front of the watersports center of the neighboured hotel Bavaro Princess a wide hole, it is located East from the Paradisus Punta Cana Beach. due that hole that wide part of El Cortecito (including the beachstretch of the Palladium Resort) can get well rough at times, the PPC is located exactly on the main impact point of that surf.

other than that, take the one which offers the best deal.

happy travels

Mike

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Okay thanks everyone so much.... for all your help and all on TA.... You all make my world go around !!

Trip is booked October 21 to the 30th... We get great flights both ways.

We are booked for Tha Reserve Paradisus Punta Cana...totally trip with insurance $4260....

Every site that I looked on as $1000 more I booked this through a travel agent.... I think she found me a great price..

Doing the dance ....

DC

4. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 20:40
MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Disregard post 4 made an error... I mentioned Orbitz had it for $3752 but that was 1 king bed.. . The 2 beds 1BR suite is $4051 without the travel insurance.. looks like your agent did a great job :)

Let the countdown begin!!

Edited: 04 April 2014, 20:45
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Jim I've already done that I think it's like at 198 if I remember correctly I could be a day or two off but yes I have started ..

DC

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Now that I'm looking on Orbitz… It almost looks like they may have better prices. All man I'll be so upset

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Congrats DC - sounds wonderful!! Our countdown officially hit double digits today (finally, lol) so we too, are doing a dance. Woo hoo! Enjoy the anticipation, as I know you will :D

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Oh I know Lacey..... and you are finally down to the double digits, it's all down hill from here :)

I called up my Girl Pal...and told her she was booked for Punta Cana...she was bubbling and breaking at the seams with excitement. We travel very well together and had such a blast on out first girls trip....I'm thinking there will not be a whole lot of DD and DH trips and more...traveling with my family NO one is ever happy :(

I finally realized what a real vacation is suppose to be like...

Well now I can start looking for the next trips... Yes I am taking my DD to Disney ( I'm not the mean of a Mom) she has not been there for a few year and is having a melt down.

DC

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking "some" resort today..just a few questions...

Well what a wonderful treat for the two of you! I have a group of girl friends who have been going to Jamaica for the past three years - would love to go, but of course they always plan for February when I'm in school, lol. Oh well - someday.

For now, it'll be my and hubby, who IS a great travel partner except for the flying part, lol. Next year looks like my son is tagging along too. He'll be 18 and we're looking at the condo route for that trip - just having fun with the research and planning :)

No doubt you two are in for some giggly, excited "doing the dance" til October - have fun with that!!