We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rochester ny
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Per recommendations I tried to book private airport transfer on IBK website (really hard to nagivgate) and they are requiring pre-payment. I have used transfers many times in Mexico and have NEVER paid in advance, always upon arrive at resort. Are there other recommended transfer companies that do not require pre-payment?

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

Take a cab. After much research that's what we are doing. Quicker, cheaper, reliable and apparently readily available. We leave in a couple days.

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

I agree!! I am doing the same thing, and I have NEVER paid in advance in Mexico.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

Plenty of cabs available at the airport after you pick up your luggage, their all about the same price, in the vicinity of $40. each way, all Trustworthy, and your resort will also arrange for a cab to pick you up when you are departing going back to the airport,. Taking a cab is a little more money than a shuttle, but will get you to your resort faster, and no waiting around for other people that have pre-arranged shuttle bus service, which has to wait for others that are on the list of the reserved shuttle bus. Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

Edited: 05 April 2014, 05:19
Oakville, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

Personally, I'd rather use a pre-booked transfer as their vehicles are more comfortable than taxis. Just get a private one so you don't have to wait around for anyone. Booked gobecon for May as their website was the most appealing to me.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,929 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

luv2trip,

As mentioned, there are no shortage of reliable taxi's outside the airport as you exit the terminal. Just look for the drivers in the pink or beige shirts - Beron Taxi (beige shirts) and Siutratural (pink shirts) - their company names are always on the windows of their vehicles.

I also recommend a private driver named Franklin Rijio. Franklin works for the largest taxi company in Punta Cana - very reliable - if schedules conflict, he will easily arrange an alternative driver for you - very knowledgeable. Fluent in English, Spanish, French & some German. His rates are the same as those listed at the airport and no deposits are required.

His direct number is 809.710.2708 and his email address is:

Franklinrijo1966@gmail.com

If you wish to have a few “cold ones” on your way to the resort, just mention this to Franklin and he will arrange this for you.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

st joseph, mo
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

Just got back and used Gobecon to and from Excellence. Everything it was supposed to be. Waiting for us at airport and on time for return. I myself like prepaid, less cash I have to carry. We paid advance through Pay Pal.

Northome, Minnesota
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

We booked with Amstar prior to our trip and paid in advance. They provided a great service. The buses were clean and cool. They let us know what time they would pick us up for our return trip to the airport. Very well organized company.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

No reason not to pre pay with CC ..

They don't show you dispute the charge.

9. Re: Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:16