We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

Any suggestions on items that I can take as thank you gifts for the staff ?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

Cash is king. The staff are servicing dozens or hundreds of people per day. Imagine how many bottles of lotion, or candies, or whatever they'd have if people gave them gifts. They can buy what they want with cash. So unless it's something valuable, or unique, then they'd far prefer cash.

Mark

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

they work on a service providing job, which means they work to earn money to feed the family, so of course cash is king because cash fills the stommacks and buys school clothes, pays hairdressers, buys i-phones etc etc etc.

happy travels

Mike

Brampton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

Heard that message loud and clear - and this goes without saying. So this year I won't fill my suitcase with items that are aren't necessary. Thanks, Shelley

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

Yes, the packing thing is another consideration, with weight and space considerations involved.

Mark

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

With that being said we do tip generously but pack one or two gifts for special friends. A pair of good earrings or high quality perfume. Presents you would give a family member. With that being said we are return for our 9th time to the same resort so we have a couple of staff who are like family.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
424 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

We tipped well but also brought a suitcase full of school supplies, shampoos, toys and other trinkets and the front desk will happily donate them to a nearby school.

7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Thank You Gifts for the Staff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:15