We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Danville, Vermont
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks

So one of the big reasons people head down to the DR is because of all the great all inclusive resorts. And one of the big reasons people go to the all inclusive resorts is the free drinks.

What's a list of good drinks I should be ordering at an all inclusive with top shelf liquor?

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks

Mamajuana, Dirty Monkey, Tucaan, Presidente. Ask the bartenders, they are a wealth of knowledge. Many resorts have a drink menu as well.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks

Anything with rum in it, DR rum is some of the best.

Mamajuana is great too, but can be an aquired taste.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks

One thing to keep in mind when at an all-inclusive.....it's all-inclusive. People not realizing complain about drinks being "watered down". They're not watered down, bartenders just usually aren't going to serve super stiff drinks. If you prefer stronger drinks ask them to add a floater or a little more. I became very friendly with the waitress by the pool that last time I was at Melia Caribe Tropical. She would bring me over a cup of straight rum to add to my drinks because IT'S INCLUDED!

Maryville, Illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks

I laugh when I see the complaint about "watered down drinks" at All Inclusives - three solutions:

- Drink shots

- Add a floater or ask the bartender to make it stiff

- Order another because it is free!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks

And of course, there are those who complain about the drinks being too strong. You can't please everyone.

Mark

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks

im a Scotsman, and ive never had any probs with poor drinks, I just say MUCHO VODKA lol

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks

By wattered down, do they mean their ice melted? hahahaha

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
216 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks

Thankfully they do "water them down" because I drink em all damn day. Lol.

Others comments bout asking for floater or even a side car or side shot is spot on. Doesn't hurt to drop a buck or two down and ask the bartender his or her name and shake their hand. They will appreciate the gesture and most likely will make you a drink any way you choose.

Danville, Vermont
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks

Good suggestions! Though I never get stumbling drunk, I like to have a little buzz while on vacation.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks

This talk has me damn thirsty for a piña colada with a floater of extra viejo