We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Royalton!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Royalton!

Our second night here at Royalton. Resort is amazing and gorgeous. Great staff and amazing food and beach. Went to Hunters Steakhouse tonight and it was by far the best meal I have had at an AI. Amazing tenderloin steak that just melts in your mouth. Best steak I have ever eaten and I love my steak. If there is one area for improvement I have noticed so far is lack of entertainment and music around the main pool during the Day. I love participating in all the games and there doesn't really even seem to be an animation team at thus resort. It's a very quiet place and it would be nice if the staff engaged the guests more as it would create a more lively atmosphere. Lover that there is free Wi-Fi throughout the resort even on the beach.Actually posted a pic on Facebook right from my Lounger.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Royalton!

Hi Harvey16

I will be at Royalton 24th May, so will be following this thread with great interest.

How about evening entertainment, is this any good?

Did you book into the steakhouse easy enough?

Thanks Deb

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Royalton!

Did you guys do the Diamond club? Other than the exclusive beach bar and beach area, doesn't seem worth $70 per day for two. We definitely don't need a butler. And even if you have to wait a little, we prefer to eat when we're ready and not have reservations. I've just been trying to figure out what else you'd miss out on w/o Diamond. How's the nightlife? Also, what restaurants are open for lunch? It's hard to find info on that. Free calls to US/Canada from rooms, correct? Nice shorts fine in all restaurants? Thanks much!

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Royalton!

Thanks for helping all us future guests out with our questions. We are heading down for a wedding at the end of the month and are wondering if the ECO area is ready for weddings yet?

Thanks for any info you can give and enjoy your holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Royalton!

Wow thanks for the live updates. Also I'd be interested in if you have upgraded to Diamond Club.

So nice to hear positive things about the hotel, really can't wait for my trip in sept.

How busy does the beach get? Do you have to get up at stupid o'clock to get a lounger?

Newmilns, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Royalton!

any info on spa prices

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Royalton!

Nightlife is just OK. They have a disco but it wasn't very busy just a handful of people. They do have a live DJ and the music was good and current. Disco is small but very chic, looks like a high end nightclub. We saw the cirque show on Monday Night and it was quite good.

We showed up right around 7pm last night for Diner at steakhouse had to wait 90 minutes. It was worth the wait though as the food wad incredible. You can't make reservations unless you have diamond club. They gave you a pager though so you can have a drink somewhere or back to your room while u wait. Went to the mediterranean tonight and it was also fantastic. No wait, we showed up around 615.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Royalton!

Nightlife is just OK. They have a disco but it wasn't very busy just a handful of people. They do have a live DJ and the music was good and current. Disco is small but very chic, looks like a high end nightclub. We saw the cirque show on Monday Night and it was quite good.

We showed up right around 7pm last night for Diner at steakhouse had to wait 90 minutes. It was worth the wait though as the food wad incredible. You can't make reservations unless you have diamond club. They gave you a pager though so you can have a drink somewhere or back to your room while u wait. Went to the mediterranean tonight and it was also fantastic. No wait, we showed up around 615. Men do not require long pants. Nice shorts and sandals are fine. For lunch there is the main buffet, italian restaurant by the beach and they also havr a BBQ with awesome hamburgers and fries by the main pool.

Not sure on Spa prices as I havnt been. We did get a 20 percent off coupon when we checked in though. ill check tomorrow for prices.

Eco area is currently under construction. They do have a lovely area on the beach and also by the lobby for weddings.

Edited: 10 April 2014, 01:11
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Royalton!

Thanks Harvey 16 so kind of you to check this out. Enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Royalton!

Went to White Beach party tonight. It was awesome. Great music and amazing fire show right on the beach. Was absolutely packed and great lively atmosphere. Lots of photo opportunities with some great costumed by the staff. Party started at 9pm and ended around midnight, then guests were encouraged to go to Disco. Didnt make it out tonight was too tired from long day. Looking forward to another fun filled day tomorrow.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Royalton!

Went to White Beach party tonight. It was awesome. Great music and amazing fire show right on the beach. Was absolutely packed and great lively atmosphere. Lots of photo opportunities with some great costumed by the staff. Party started at 9pm and ended around midnight, then guests were encouraged to go to Disco. Didnt make it out tonight was too tired from long day. Looking forward to another fun filled day tomorrow.