We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

march break

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
march break

My job is dictating that I have to take my "warm vacation" next year on our March break(around middle of March). We have usually gone to an adults only resort, but I am not sure my budget this year is going to allow that with having to go at March break when the prices seem to be higher...

Any suggestions on a nice resort (other than Majestic Elegance - been there twice) that would have an adults only section...

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
286 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: march break

Riu Bavaro has a V.I.P adults only section. Swim-up pool bar. Villas.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: march break

what about a standalone adults only to try and avoid the spring break parties? maybe Excellence or Breathless...

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: march break

pattirose, Would suggest you take a Look at, and read some reviews of the Bahia Ambar, which is Adults Only at the beach, the pool, and the restaurants. The Ambar is ranked 8th of 102 resorts in PC, but is moderately priced compared to other resorts that are highly rated, even the Majestic Elegance is a little higher priced than the Ambar, and is ranked behind the Bahia Ambar. Of course, all resorts are somewhat higher priced during March, because of "Spring Break", but at the Ambar the younger crowd isn't attracted to it, one reason is because the age group at the Ambar is mostly in their 30's - 60's, and not a resort for wild partying. Hope this helps You some, Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: march break

Thanks....we have stayed at the Excellence 2 years ago, but it was not March break, which seems to be more expensive. I have stayed at the Bahia before we our kids, but find it is such a big resort...but I will check out the Ambar...

5. Re: march break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 07:15