We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Armbands

St.John's...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Armbands

Staying at the Bahia Principe Esmeralda in a weeks time ...what colour are the arm bands and what does each give you access to ....as like to know beforehand if anyone knows ?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Armbands

Ok, I located John's post that I saved in notes but I know that he would correct it if something has changed. In the mean time, I hope this helps I don't think he'll mind me passing it on for him :)

colours of wristbands are " based on travel provider and package purchased".

I would not say that there are too many rules, you just need to know which resorts you can use based on the resort you are booked into and which upgrade (if any) that you purchased through your tour operator.

I am not sure which of the Bahia resorts you are booked into, so I will assume that you are booked into a junior suite in either the Bahia Principe Punta Cana resort or the Bahia Principe Bavaro resort, with no upgrade.

To answer your first question "Sence we have been to the bahia in Mexico does that get us a better color or upgrade?" - it does not provide you a different colour wristband for having one previous visit to another Bahia property.

I can provide you the following information from the resort itself::

Guests at Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana - Green Wristband

Guests at Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro - Yellow Wristband

Guests who have purchased the Royal Golden Club upgrade - Golden wristband

Guests who have purchased the Diamond / Hacienda Club upgrade - Purple wristband

Guests at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda - Fuchsia wristband

Guests at Gran Bahia Principe Ambar - Transparent wristband

Black wristband provided to guests at the Ambar who have been to the Ambar or stayed at any other Bahia resort on three previous occasions and are now on their 4th visit or more

Black wristbands provided to guests at the Esmeralda who have been a previous guest of the Esmeralda only, more than 5 times and are now on their 6th visit or more.

The Black wristband permits these guests to dine at every a la carte and use each resorts buffet as well as their respective pools.

I know I have seen a silver wristband on previous visits - if you see that, it represents Club Diamond/Hacienda if it is still in use.

As a guest at the Punta Cana or Bavaro resort, you may use each others a la cartes, pools and lobby bars, but you must use the buffet and gourmet a la carte of the resort which you are booked into.

You would be entitled to 3 a la cartes per week. The facilities of the Esmeralda and Ambar resorts are not available to guests of the Punta Cana and Bavaro resorts.

I do hope that this is of assistance to you - if you have any other questions, please let us know.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

I copied the message in it's entirety so I know that some of what he wrote was for another traveler and won't apply specifically to you, but I posted his answer untouched as not to speak for him.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 19:47
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,664 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Armbands

that's gonna suck if you now have to start wearing arm bands :-)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Armbands

Deb, LOL. Better than ankle bracelets?

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Armbands

Why? Are you making and bringing your own?

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Armbands

Michelle W

There have been a few changes from the excellent information provided by poster "taprice".

The VIP black wristband is no longer in use.

Here is the current information as of Jan 13/14.

Premier - Orange

Bavaro – Yellow

Bavaro Club Diamond – Purple

Punta Cana – Green

Punta Cana Club Golden – Gold

VIP at the above resorts is Silver

Ambar – Transparent

Esmeralda – Fuchsia

VIP at Ambar – (Subject to availability brown or grey)

VIP at Esmeralda – Brown

I noticed in an earlier thread that some guests of the Ambar resort, reported they received a "green" wristband - I am presently checking with the resort to see if any changes have been made that I am not aware of - I will report the answer I receive on this thread as well as the earlier thread, if there are any changes.

I hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

St.John's...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Armbands

Thank you Brooklin ...appreciate the feedback , i guess i will be getting the fuchsia arm band as i will be staying at the Esmeralda ...however , do you know if you offered the person who is checking you in a $20 US will they give you a brown bracelet for more access OR is that unheard of from your experience ?

Thanks , Michelle

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Armbands

Michelle W,

The wristbands each guest receives, are determined the night before the guests arrival and placed into your "Welcome Package".

To answer your question directly, offering the staff member a "bribe" to change the VIP policy of the resort and provide you a different wristband, in my opinion is simply disrespectful, notwithstanding the fact that if a staff member ever did so, they would loose their job at the resort and I am sure you would agree - it is simply not worth it.

It is one thing if the resort made an error in not providing you with the proper VIP wristband that a guest would be deserving of, based on the resort's policies combined with confirmation of the guests number of visits, and when the guest drew that to their attention, that the staff member consulted with his/her manager and combined they took the initiative and provided the guest with the correct wristband, but it is another if they were to accept a "bribe" - as that is truly what it is you are suggesting or questioning, resulting in the termination of that staff member.

Needless to say, the Bahia and indeed the vast majority of resorts in Punta Cana, do take such undertakings, rather seriously.

I am sure that you did not mean any actual disrespect in your question, however, it is worthy to note such repercussions.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Armbands

Michelle W,

There has been a little tweek to the colour of the wristbands provided to guests at the Bahia resorts:

Here is the latest update:

Premier - Orange or red

Bavaro – Yellow

Bavaro Club Diamond – Purple

Punta Cana – Green

Punta Cana Club Golden – Gold

VIP at the above resorts is Silver

Ambar – Transparent

Esmeralda – Fuchsia

VIP at Ambar – Brown or Grey (Subject to availability)

VIP at Esmeralda – Brown or Grey (Subject to availability)

There has been no mention of them providing guests of the Ambar resort with the "green" wristband. They have only added an additional colour to guests of the Premier resort (red) and an additional colour to guests of the Esmeralda resort (grey).

I hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 14 April 2014, 18:21
St.John's...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Armbands

Brooklin ......i absolutely meant no disrespect in no way of any sort ....i simply asked the question because i have heard previously that if you offered them $ they would bump up your room etc .....so thought i'd ask due to that knowledge i was given !!

10. Re: Armbands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:16