We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live From Memories Splash

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
132 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Live From Memories Splash

I'm happy to answer questions! Will post about our check in/room debacle tomorrow. We arrived this afternoon. Resort is lovely.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live From Memories Splash

How is the resort? Food, service, beach, room, etc? Thinking about booking!

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live From Memories Splash

I turn up next weds. With the run-up to Easter in mind how busy does it seem currently? What places/bars are open later at night (non Diamond Club)?

Thanks and enjoy your break.

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live From Memories Splash

First the positive: most staff is friendly and anxious to help. The resort is gorgeous and clean. We only had the afternoon yesterday so my kids went to the quiet pool. Lots of loungers there, no problem for shade in the afternoon yesterday. Delicious frozen margaritas at Bubbles, the pool bar there. Looked like the bartender was trying to make friends with everyone and people were enjoying him. Had dinner at the buffet last night. Had to wait for our two tables - we are 11 people, and did a kids' table and an adult table - but wait was not too long. Waiter Antonio was attentive but not intrusive. The room we ended up with is in Building 9 and is lovely with a huge shower. One family is in the Presidential Suite just above us and it is gorgeous. Two bathrooms, one with a shower, heart shaped jacuzzi... Their sofa bed wouldn't open so a queen bed was delivered.

The negative: I start by saying we had a very very late night/early morning the night before packing, then were at the airport at 6 am for the flight. Paid extra for bigger more comfortable seats on Elite Plus and the seats were the same. Maybe had a scootch more legroom. Entertainment on the flight was good and the food service was great, but the flight was delayed because someone forgot their meds and had to send someone to get them (kudos to Sunwing for waiting, I had NO qualms about that) and then the 5 1/2 hr flight, well, we were a tiny bit cranky when we arrived! We all did Diamond Club and check in was in the lounge. Our rooms and one other family's rooms were ready, but the Presidential Suite was not. They did not get in their room until well after 4. We were assigned Building 4 and were told a butler would be by for us to take us and our bags would be delivered. After 20 more minutes of waiting, we decided just to go - the rooms were steps from the lounge. Unfortunately when we walked in our room in particular had a horrible smell, and the kids' room was extremely musty and mouldy. It smelled like a janitor's mop! We turned up the AC and opened the balcony, but still it was terrible after an hour. Unfortunately my son's asthma kicked up the second he went in the room so there was no choice for us - we had to move. Bad news, no more adjoining rooms in the whole resort! We were moved into Building 9 but only one room was ready. The other was unfortunately not even next door but way down the hall. My kids were not comfortable staying there alone so my husband and I are now spending our vacation in separate rooms. :( If we ever get assigned a butler perhaps they can fix the situation, as rooms turn over.

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live From Memories Splash

Also should note that another family is in Building 4 and was happy with their room. The location is great, very quiet. There is a ton more activity around Building 9.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live From Memories Splash

Hope you have a great time! I have a 10 year old so looking at this resort (or Royalton) as a possibility for next year when he's 11 so anxious to hear your thoughts. Sorry to hear about the arrival difficulties and sure hope that they'll put you in adjoining rooms soon so you and your hubby don't have to be separated for your whole vacation!

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live From Memories Splash

Better day today - I went to the "mandatory" Sunwing session. It was not necessary so my advice is to skip it.

Still haven't been assigned a butler. The other family's butler found them on the beach to check on them and change a few of our reservations.

Came back after a long day and neither room had been serviced. Feeling a bit like the red headed step child. LOL.

Delicious breakfast at the buffet. The place was packed at 9 am. BBQ by the pool was ok, but wasn't terrifically organized and the chicken, ribs and pork were all ready at different times. Ordered from the menu on the beach in the afternoon - sandwiches were amazing. Service was great on the beach. Very little shade, and very few loungers this afternoon. No shade by the activity pool either. Whole family got a lot of sun... Hope it calms down a bit tomorrow.

Dinner tonight at the Mexican restaurant. :). Looking forward to it!

Overall, fabulous place, and we are having a good time. Haven't even come close to seeing everything it offers yet!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live From Memories Splash

I hope you get a butler assigned Feckless. Have a great time!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live From Memories Splash

Hey how was your Dinner at the Mexican rest?

We normally go eat early between 6-7 pm but yesterday we were out on a excursion all day and by the time we got back and ready it was 8 pm. We tried to eat at the Mexican but they had 14 tables waiting ahead of us!!! So we just left and went to the buffet. So I recommend to anyone to go at the start for meals, thus far this has worked for us. Breakfast between 6-730 we are almost the only ones there:)))

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live From Memories Splash

Hey how was your Dinner at the Mexican rest?

We normally go eat early between 6-7 pm but yesterday we were out on a excursion all day and by the time we got back and ready it was 8 pm. We tried to eat at the Mexican but they had 14 tables waiting ahead of us!!! So we just left and went to the buffet. So I recommend to anyone to go at the start for meals, thus far this has worked for us. Breakfast between 6-730 we are almost the only ones there:)))

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Live From Memories Splash

Hi Freckless, I'm also from NL and will be there next Wednesday! I'm in my mid thirties and I'm going with a group of adults.. wondering if we will find this resort 'fun'!! What's the nightlife like there? Also, the forecast calls for rain everyday, has it been raining there? Thanks.

Enjoy your vacarion!!