We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

We are going to EPC this December, can't wait! We have booked a Excellence Club jr suite, swim up Oceanview. I was wondering if anyone can answer some questions for me:

What is the best building to request for these rooms? Are they less private because they are on the ground floor? How are they swim up and oceanview? Any info about these rooms would be great! Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

I'm not a ground floor type of guy, but ground floor or not, I'd go with building 10 or 8 for Club at Excellence. Great location.

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

Just a reminder that you can choose any building and still have Excellence Club amenities. Bldg 8/10 are very nice and face on to the pool, close to EC lounge. Bldg 1/2/3 all offer oceanfront ground floor rooms but are not on or even near the pool. However, they might be a bit more quiet and they are close to the ocean. No question any ground floor room is less private and in fact offers pretty well little to no privacy. I agree with Mark; much prefer top floor rooms. Better view, less noise, more private. Keep in mind the ground floor rooms get all the hallway foot traffic.

hilton head, sc
Level Contributor
131 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

Kerriannic,

Mark is correct that 8 or 10 are the best buildings for this type of room (oceanview), because they are on the beach side of the building. However, you will have little privacy as there is a public walkway between your room and the pool at both buildings. These rooms at Excellence are not exactly the same type of swimup rooms you may have seen or experienced at other resorts where you step from your room/patio right into the water. These rooms front onto the pool and the beach/ocean is on the other side of the pool, and, technically, in view, if you stand on your tiptoes.

Mark has commented before on the swimup rooms at the cascade pool, which are the more typical, private swimup rooms. Not oceanview, however..

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

Buildings 11 and 14 would provide more privacy than 8 or 10, for swim-ups, because it's quieter down toward the end of the lazy river pool. 6 and 7 would provide the least privacy, because they are by the swim-up bar.

The swim-ups in building 10 now have raised patios with day beds. There is foliage along the edge of the beach (acts as a wind break), but you'll be able to see the ocean. Actually, come to think of it, there's a large new jacuzzi area down by 11 and 14. It was being built when I was there in December. I imagine there would be an unobstructed view of the ocean there. I'll check it out when I'm there in June.

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

Mark, there are 3/4 of the pool palapas (ones with steel frames) sitting directly between the new jacuzzi and a ground floor terrace in bldg. 11/14/. There is nothing between the Jacuzzi and the beach except the stone seawall that runs the entire length of the property. It unfortunately is right about eye level if you sit in Jacuzzi. But Jacuzzi is great. Note each side has it's own controls although they are small stainless buttons built into the deck; easy to miss.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

What's the temperature like in the new jacuzzi, Doug?

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

It is not heated per se, but because it is pretty small the water seems warmer than in the pool. When I was there, nobody in it but me. I suspect many do not know it is there. Very peaceful, very relaxing, good water pressure from the jets. You will like it.

8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana-room choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:16