We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County...
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

Hi all. I'm going to book a stay at Majestic Elegance, but is the Elegance Club Jr worth the upgrade? We're a couple in our mid-20's and we won't really be in the room a lot, but we're looking for a spacious room. Do you get way more amenities with Elegance Club? Thanks!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

check out this past forum, it goes into detail about Jr. Suites

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k73502…

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

In short, we think the club level is well worth the tiny upgrade fee.

Extra pools, extra bars, 3 club lounges, 2 private beach sections. The rooms themselves are the same, its just the location that will be different.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 18:57
Orange County...
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

Awesome. Thanks so much Matt. Where website have you been using to book your trips to ME by the way? I've been looking at Expedia and Orbitz, but Expedia is cheaper just by a tad bit. Thanks!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

I used Expedia both times in the past, but for this year, Orbitz is coming in slightly under for me.

I may use points for the flight this time, so the fee for just the room is identical on a handful of other sites.

If you have any other specific ME questions, feel free to msg me.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

We booked our last year for August via Apple. Since it was over a year out we were able to take our time to compare and found that it was cheaper. On top, I take the insurance that allows cash back if the price goes any lower. It did not but sometimes it happens and they deduct the savings right off the top, even if not payed off yet.

As far as Club, definitely the only way to go for the Majestics.

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

Definitely worth the upgrade. Adults Only Sections. More pools (closest pools to the beach as well). Room closer to the beach.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

When we were booking I kept watch on expedia and orbitz every few days. They were all about the same then I googled an orbitz coupon and got like $200 off. :) never hurts to look!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

I just booked yesterday and went with Elegance Club Jr off of Orbitz with the $150 off coupon. So excited!

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

I feel like non-club guests are restricted from more areas of the resort than club guests. If you are a drinker and like the beach, you pretty much have to go EC. Walking up to the sea and see for beverages is a pain in the butt.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance. Jr Suite or Elegance Club Jr?

Having the beach bars steps off the sand is very nice, and well worth the upgrade cost. There is drink service on the beach of both club and non-club, but it seemed that in the club section, they came around a lot more often. We wanted to and did get up and walk to the bar most times, but not kidding when saying that the drink service on the Elle Club beach was non-stop so if you wanted to, you wouldnt ever have to leave your lounger... except to wizz.

Maxima and Rosa do a great job on the Elle side.