We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

Hi, all! The Ambar has long been one of my favorite resorts, but the last time there (Jun), I was devastated that the beach had eroded away. We always get the front row palapas an there was a 3-4' drop directly in front of it!!! Really hard to climb back up coming out of the ocean back to your palapa. Thinking I need to find another go to resort, since the beach is my number one priority. Has anyone been there since June.... is my beach still gone?

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

Beach comes and goes with the tide, one week it is there next week it is gone...

mississauga
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

Returned from the Ambar on Friday. Lots of beach in front of the Ambar. We were there in October 2013 and found the ocean level on the beach higher especially by the Magestic and the Iberostar Grand. The beach area in those areas had increased a lot on our resent visit.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

AB6336, we were there in Feb and loved it, didn't even have a problem with getting a palapa. pm me is you would like to see some pics :) .... in the mean time I will try to get them uploaded to a link to post for everyone.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

it is a beach of the rougher kind many times of the year and during specific times/conditions the Ocean takes some breaks out of that stretch (much less at the area of the Iberostar Resort).

but you mentioned you visited last June, June is the time of the year when that beach should be on it's biggest size (unless a exceptional storm would bring a stormsurge and take something away), on full size of that beach, it is around Fall when the Ocean starts to take significant beachspace, starting to bring it back during Spring to have again the max size available during summer.

Mike

murillo
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

Still gone .... you mean there ever was some ...lol I've either stayed there or walked by in Feb ..Mar for the last 5 years .... Nada

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

<<< The Ambar has long been one of my favorite resorts, but the last time there (Jun), I was devastated that the beach had eroded away. We always get the front row palapas an there was a 3-4' drop directly in front of it!!! Really hard to climb back up coming out of the ocean back to your palapa. >>>

As you will see in the pics, there is no drop off of any kind in front of the palapas, and there was plenty of beach between them and the waterline.

slickpic.com/album/…7873146

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

taprice,

The beaches constantly are changing as referred to above. At the present time (today) there is no drop off or ledge along the entire beach length of the Bahia properties whatsoever ( total of 2365 feet - 0.7 km – 0.45 miles) - in fact the beach is deeper than it was in January 2014.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 21 April 2014, 03:44
murillo
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

The beach is small for the amount of people the resort holds. It seems smaller because every other resort has more beach for the amount of people they have.It didn't seem small when we stayed there . You get use to being 2 feet away from other loungers beside you ... behind you ... in front of you ...

9. Re: Beach at Gran Bahia Principi Ambar Question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16