We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana - Excellence Club

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana - Excellence Club

Hi, can anyone tell me how much it is to up grade to club level, staying in a junior suite? Thanks.

Welland Ont
Level Contributor
408 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Excellence Club

If you check the Excellence Punta Cana Web site for May it shows as $92 a day extra for Club Jr Suite. If you really want the upgrade it is suggested to book in advance as they may not have any available when you show up.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Excellence Club

It depends on when you are going, when you book, and where you are from. Different rack rates for different regions (USA, Canada, UK, etc.) From Canada, for September, it's $56 USD per night to upgrade from a Junior Suite Gardenview, to a Club Junior Suite Gardenview. I can't tell what it is from the USA, because the website automatically directs me to Canadian pricing. On Expedia.com, for the same time, it's $61 USD per night.

I'm pretty sure that they charge whatever the current rate is if you upgrade when you get there, but who knows - maybe you can get a deal? I would be concerned about availability though, particularly during high season. Although I suppose they could give you Club amenities in a room that isn't normally Club. The Junior Suites are identical either way.

Mark

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Excellence Club

It seems that the cost of an upgrade is cheaper to do before you go. The upgrade cost seems quite reasonable. We have been to Excellence Riviera Cancun and Excellence Playa Mujeres and to upgrade to the Excellence Club was quite a bit more. We are going to EPC in July and are staying in a Excellence Club room. For us the extra cost seems worth it but if we weren't in the Excellence Club we would still have a great time. The restaurants and pools are the same for everyone. It really depends what you want. It's a little added extra that will be nice to have.

4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana - Excellence Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16