We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

philadelphia
Level Contributor
177 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

I am heading back to Zoetry at the end of May. It will be my first trip since the expansion. In addition to the new rooms, restaurants and pool, I know there have been changes in the upper management. For any recent visitors I was wondering

1) do they still offer the wine pairing and authors dinners?

2) are the chips tortilla chips or plantains?

3) is the lobby bar, still the place to go in the evening? or has that changed to the pool bar?

Any other information on any changes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

Cannot comment on dinner or chips. Lobby bar is the ONLY place to go after 6; pool bar closes. Nothing really different with expansion; they simply built bunch of new rooms, a new pool with nice but smallish bar plus added new restaurant. But I find the menus to be very similar in all restaurants so only real difference is the setting. Only other difference (for the bad) is increasing number of kids and families being moved over from Dreams to free up space. So hard to predict the level of peace and quiet. Beach still lovely.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 16:40
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

agreed Doug.

during overbooking times(overbooked at Dreams) they give the Bumped guests a "upgrade" to the Zoetry as thats more expensive to book, so guests can not complain, but on such they do not any good to the guests of either resort. for families with children, booked at the active family hotel Dreams PC, it is sure not a real upgrade to be bumped to the laid back relaxed Zoetry with no activities for the children, so i can imagine and understand when such families get pizzed about the "upgrade". and at the other end, guests who booked the Zoetry for it's relaxed and quiet flair (a reason why i like the Zoetry, too) will spend their vacation with aunusual high amount of Kids who earch for action/activity/children's Fun, so the regular guests at Zoetry will not be happy campers neither.

those 2 properties are basically so very different one to an other, one the opposite to the other, it is a joke to bump guests between them, because who booked one for it's reasons will most likely not be happy at the other. not that one would be better than the other, but because they are so very different for a very different clientel.

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

I think the only people who would be happy about the bump are couples without kids who booked Dreams simply because it was less expensive. Perhaps they should limit their bumping practices to those people. Or better yet, just keep the overbooking to a minimum. I think perhaps they are overbooking because they have this option. It's greedy.

Mark

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

Why they upgrade families with Children is beyond me. Seems weird as there would be many people who would love the upgrade. It's a huge upgrade. The price is approx 2.5 or more to stay at Zoetry than Dreams. People choose to stay at Zoetry for a reason. The people who book Dreams Punta Cana are not booking a quiet resort. I am staying at Zoetry in July and if people get upgraded from Dreams and get allocated a room better than us then that is disappointing. I don't mind what room I get as all the rooms look great. Why don't they upgrade adults without children to Breathless instead?

Mentioned in this post
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Breathless Punta Cana...
10,884 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

They probably do upgrade adults without children to Breathless. Since Zoetry allows children, they get the families.

Mark

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana...
10,884 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

why would you be disapointed to see/hear that some other travelers get a free upgrade to a higher room category than yours?

as long as You get the room category You booked and paid for, i see no rerason for any disapointment because an other guest received an upgrade.

even without bumpings from other resorts, resorts give some guests upgrades for different reasons on daily bases, there is no reason for jealousy for others who did "only" receive what they booked and paid for.

Mark,

i think it the same way,

the Dreams is cheaper and very popular, the well more expensive Zoetry is less fully booked, even now during peak times, so the management company AMR books willingly the whole room capacity of both hotels counted together, even that most guests only pay the much cheaper Dreams price, to keep during peak times as of right now both properties on capacity. a usual practice (the same management comapny did/is doing the same with bookings of their other properties knowing that a certain amount will be bumped/"upgraded" to their not so good booked new Breathless).

and in case of Dreams PC and Zoetry the close proximity is very convenient, as the Transfer Costs for the Hotel are a no brainer.

it is the company's sales policies, nothing of that happens by accident/incident, due anyone fault or such,

happy travels

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic
London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

I didn't say I would disappointed. I said it would be disappointing. I can see how many guests at Zoetry wouldn't feel great about that. It wouldn't affect my holiday in the slightest. For them to go the Zoetry is a huge upgrade. The Clientele at Dreams Punta Cana and Zoetry is quite a bit different (not talking about class differences etc). In comparison the Dreams Resort in Punta Cana is relatively a cheap resort (not cheap in quality just price).

I understand that Breathless is Adults Only but it is a more related resort in terms of ambiance etc to Dreams than Zoetry. Surely there must be quite a lot of guests at Dreams that are couples or in groups without children that could be transferred than families. If I was a 7 year old I'm sure I'd want to hang out with other young children. If the families know what they're getting then fine. However, I have read a few reviews from guests that get upgraded from Dreams that give Zoetry a 4 star rating or even less.

Mentioned in this post
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Dreams Punta Cana Resort...
12,310 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Breathless Punta Cana...
10,884 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

I would think that if someone had not mentioned this in a review, you would probably not notice, after all I am sure the upgraded people don't arrive with a sign stating "I have been bumped from Dreams"

Edited: 20 April 2014, 19:20
London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

Sorry that we're not answering your questions Toddayo.

What wine do they have at Zoetry Agua?

Mentioned in this post
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic
London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: The New Zoetry Aqua Questions

Sorry that we're not answering your questions Toddayo.

What wine do they have at Zoetry Agua?

Edited: 20 April 2014, 19:27
Mentioned in this post
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,629 Reviews
Dominican Republic