We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So what about a price finder thread?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So what about a price finder thread?

We've had threads such as -

"What did you pay"

"Is this a good price"

"Whats a cheap booking site"

With so many options out there, many members have listed some cool sites. I learned of 3 thanks to you guys.

So why not a price finder thread?

Basically whoever is searching online for a deal posts on the tread something like the following.

1 - Current price they found for whatever hotel, package, etc

2 - Date of travel, resort and flight times

3 - How flexible on the dates are they

Then others (if they want to pass some time) can search/post if they found a cheaper price.

Just a thought!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

i would also suggest where you are departing from,,,,

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

YES thanks HBOMB... the most important thing lol.

Departure airport and any others airport nearby they will to fly from

Edited: 20 April 2014, 14:20
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

Great idea Jim. I'll start you off with the deal I found for this May. Booked back last Sept. When the apple vacations contracts were released. Out of Philly, non stop, May 9-16 this year. $1109 pp, I was not flexible with dates bc of work, but this was the cheaper of 2 weeks. Earliest out, latest back. I have preferred perks and insurance, no upgrade. I have watched the price steadily climb up to $200 more pp even with out the add ons. It is 2 weeks away and still has not gone down a cent. I'll check the Royalton details in a bit and post as well, off to work right now.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

Guess we would have to add room category as well.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

Ok, I have time for one more. The Royalton, booked this past Feb for August 18th to the 25th out of Philly, earliest out 6:00am, latest back but stopping at BWI. To book USAir would have been an additional 327.pp I checked. So out, we stop for 45 mins to let others board, we do not get off the plane. Coming back we debarked and go through customs, we did this last yr in August and it was quicker than it would have been in Philly. LOL Total with insurance and preferred perks was booked at 1292.08 but a few weeks back it went cheaper and I got the difference back. My total to date is now 1109.09pp. Doubt that will drop before we depart.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

Again, I should mention this is without upgrade. Room is booked as "luxury" nothing more. And I also stay in Philly on a park n fly at an additional $129 embassy suites booked through international vacations.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

So I played around some with Royalton for the week I booked in August. Currently the apple price in total for the charter is 1432 pp, Orbitz is 1398 but does not include baggage fees (US Air) or ground transportation, and it's a later flight (losing just a few hrs). Expedia is coming in at 1135. also minus the baggage fees (American Airlines) and ground transport, and tat too is a later flight. If their only 1 option is sold out you may get a 1 stop in Miami, or even a 2 stop flight back home for that price.

There was a few options in the middle that I played with. Best to watch and wait now, as mentioned I booked way back in Feb when the price was lower and it even dropped for a day, to my benefit. The travel agent adjusted it in one 5 minute call to her office, no waiting on the phone for hours. I guess my system works for me.

8. Re: So what about a price finder thread?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:15