We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
prestwick
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

which is best

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

I've stayed at both, and both have their plus and minus. The beach is far better at the Palladium, less crowded and much nicer overall, and it is far easier to just walk off resort to shops and restaurants.. The Punta Cana section of the Palladium is scheduled for a make-over beginning this spring; it is looking a bit run down, but the Bavaro section has already had a facelift. So for rooms I'd say the Bahia Bavaro.

I found the Bahia Bavaro to be further from the beach, but the trams were excellent, much more regular trams than the Palladium. At the Palladium there are 5 buffets (2 on the beach) and 8 a la cartes and there is no limit where you go and no reservations needed for a la carte restaurants. The Bahia you must eat at your own buffet and reserve your a la carte - 3 per week or 4 if you upgrade to club diamond. The food I feel was very comparable for both.

Overall my preference would be the Palladium.

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

I also went to both, and my preference is the Bahia. :-)

Few reasons. Everything that janidd said is true. However, we found that the Bahia's grounds were just a tad nicer than the Palladiums. We also traveled to the Palladium over Christmas (the busiest season), and found the unlimited a la cartes to be a negative actually. Reason being, we would often have to stand in line for 20-30 minutes just to get a pager, and then wait upwards of 60-90 minutes to be seated. Whereas, at the Bahia, yes you're limited in a la carte meals, but you know that when you show up you'll be seated right away.

We found that if we wanted to eat at an a la carte within a reasonable amount of time at the Palladium, we had to be in line at 5:45 PM (15 minutes before the doors opened) which cut into the beach/pool time.

With that said, during quieter times of year, I know many people have said they can just walk in and be seated right away.

Likewise, the Bahia's rooms were all recently redone and are quite nice and if you want, you can book your a la carte reservations 7-9 days before your trip via email (optional).

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

Do either of these resorts have the pools close to the beach where you can get a view from your pool lounger (I love this!)!

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

At the Bahia, you can definitely see the beach from the main pool. Don't remember about the Palladium.

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

What are you looking for in a vacation - what would a resort have to have for you to call it "the best"?

PC

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

been to both,,, Palladium wins hands down IMHO,,,, way better beach,, far better location for getting off the resort and walking to do things,, and much more tropical feel,,,

the Bahia had much more of a concrete feel to it,,, and beach area is very sparse for the capacity of the resort

food and drink I would put them as equal,,,

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

When we were lying on our loungers at the Palladium Punta Cana pool we could see the beach. Not every lounger would have this, same as at the Bahia main pool. And I agree with northernale, the Bahia beach is sparse for the size of the resort. The Palladium has a much longer beach front.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 22:26
murillo
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

we thought the Bahia was a half star higher than the Palladium... quality of everything .... but the beach... I agree the Palladium . We did the Palace and Royal suites at Palladium ... and the Diamond at the Bahia. If you are beach people do the Palladium.

9. Re: bahia principe bavaro or grand palladium punta cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:16