We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews

Has anyone else found doing a review to be a painful process?

I did a review on Friday and although it went through ok went I submitted it I just heard back that there was a problem with it and I had to do it again...

Sometime I wonder about the process...

Wondering if any others have had difficulty submitting in the past...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews

I've never had a problem but I make sure to keep a copy of my review just in case. In what way was there a problem?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews

Yes I luckily did as well as it was quite long and I am now glad I did-it is not my first rodeo-Lol

I quoted one of the staff members at the resort...something I found to be rude...

He said"___happens" when I told him my husband had called Bingo and they didn't have any prizes left...thinking he would say no problem...I will find you something

Not a big deal but was shocked at the response...disrespectful...

The word was flagged and I was alerted to change any "profanity" and did but I guess it/they didn't like my substitution... so I resent it with the above quote with a blank...

will see if that is sufficient...time will tell...I just don't see what the big deal is as the word was substituted with non profanity...just annoying...again not sure it should be so painful...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews

To quote the email I received...

We value your contribution, and would like to be able to post it to our website. However, we are unable to publish your review because it violated the following guideline(s):

*Family-friendly

No profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech, sexually explicit language or other content that is not appropriate for our community.

NOTE: We do not publish explicit or implied profanity. This includes acronyms which contain intended profanity and profanity that has been masked using symbols.

If you'd be willing to edit and resubmit your review, we'd really appreciate it, and so will your fellow travellers! Your original review is included below so you can easily copy and paste it into the review form and make the necessary edits. You may view a comprehensive list of our guidelines here:http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/our_guidelines_for_traveler_reviews

Best regards,

4. Re: Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:16