We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

And we will be back again next year. The resort has only gotten better!!! The addition of the Pizza restaurant (lunch) and Thai restaurant (dinner) has made the resort even more favourable, although we did not try the Thai, the additional dining option for those like us that do not wish to venture to the Family side to dine is another option.

As for the "timeshare folks" they are plentiful and are on you from the moment you arrive, but as soon as they sense they are getting nowhere with you they do back off and usually off no more than the usual daily pleasantries as the regular staff. And we saw lot's of them as we made our way to/from the golf course daily. Be direct and polite and they will leave you alone. Cannot understand those that have stated they will not return as a result, they were nowhere near that bothersome.

Any questions, will try and help out.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Thanks for the update. I wondered how bothersome the timeshare folks are. Glad to hear they aren't too bad. Still, I'd prefer to see an end to them permanently. I have to wonder how many suckers they snare and if it's worth peeving off guests to the point they'd never return?

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

I agree with you Marge, the timeshare folks were our only trepidation with returning, but knowing what we were facing and having a pretty good idea from some of the others on the forum how to deal with them they quickly became a non-issue. Did appear that lots of folks did find them tolerable as they seemed to have lot's of business the week we were there, sadly as long as their is a perceived demand for their business they will likely be around for a while yet. But they do and try to needle you for every bit of personal info they can to establish a relationship with you.

And by the way in case you do not know, never saw anything posted here previous, Josep has moved over to and taken over the Family side.

Level Contributor
50 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

This is lovely to read, I'm heading out June 13th, counting down the days!

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Gemma, the days will start moving very quickly for you. Do enjoy your stay, the staff was awesome as always, not one negative interaction, though a few of our favs were either missing or enjoying their break during our stay.

Hope to post a review soon with a little more info.

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Hola: Thanks for the input. We are going for our first time in November. Can't wait.

Go Bruins !!!!! ;-)

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Yes I knew about Josep. I was sad to hear it but we keep in touch still. :-)

I believe Luis is still there?

Laval, Quebec...
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Hey Maineacs - we'll be there in 22 days and celebrating the Montreal Canadiens' series sweeping wins over the Bruins! lol - Go Habs Go... (all in good fun)

Margadagio - can't seem to get a hold of anyone via email to confirm cost of day pass at Cat Roy at $60 (time that guests can come, and what is included)...you put out an email address in another post and i sent my questions there twice and then i sent one to the hotel reservations email address...do you have another email address to use?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

I'm positive that day pass info is correct. I have my source. :-)

The pass is good from 11 AM to 6 PM and includes use of all amenities plus food and drinks. Your guests could bring their swim suits and hang out with you at the beach or pools.

Here's the address again. I know it's good in case I misspelled incorrectly before.

royal.adireccion@hoteles-catalonia.es

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Marge, yes Luis is still there, he and his #2 Reuben were very, very prevalent in presence each day. We had hoped to venture over to see Josep but never made it. Hope you are able to get back there soon. Also, as we were taxiing out for takeoff it looked like some additional and significant building expansion is underway with the airport facility, if I have my bearings correct at the West end. The departure process has significantly improved flow wise, probably best we have seen in about three years, moved very well. Only downers at the airport was the AC did not seem to be working at all in the AC end of the building, nor could you get any free WIFI signal, possibly both were down and being worked on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro - We keep going back

Did you have to take a bus from departure gate to the plane? How far was plane parked from the gate?