We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shade / Sunbed Availability at the Royalton...

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Shade / Sunbed Availability at the Royalton...

Hi all,

I am staying at the Royalton on May 9th and have been reading the various forum posts with great interest (this is my first post!); the hotel seems to have upped its game since a rocky opening period!

I have read several differing comments with regards to the availability of both shade and sunbeds at both the main pool and beach, and was wondering what the current situation is?

- What sort of time does one need to be reserving sunbeds? I understand that 8.00AM is the earliest this is allowed?

- Is there ample shade assuming an early arrival, or is it a good idea to take your own shade; in which case can anyone recommend a portable parasol or similar?

- As an aside, is it possible to exchange large US$ at the hotel for smaller notes?

Thanks.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shade / Sunbed Availability at the Royalton...

There is a comment from today from someone in this thread that is there now and comments on the shade -before 6 AM in Diamond Club area is what they mention.. For us, a few weeks age, it was 6-6:30 by the pool for shade and most beach palappas were taken by 6 AM.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k71045…

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shade / Sunbed Availability at the Royalton...

If the 8am rule is applied does that mean at 8 o'clock every morning there is a bun fight for the shade?

And am I able to reserve a bed, then grab a quick breakfast and be back on my lounger by 8.30 and that's fine?

3. Re: Shade / Sunbed Availability at the Royalton...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:15