We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

I would like to hear both good and bad experiences at Paradisus PR. I am going in January. I have heard lots of good things. Anyone care to add?

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

My husband and I went there at the end of May and we had a great time. The resort is incredibly beautiful and romantic. The service was outstanding and the food was good for an all inclusive. We have been to two other all inclusives in Mexico (Aventura Spa Palace and Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun) and we thought this one rate right up there with those two. It's not adults only, but there were probably only 7 kids while we were there. Neither of us got sick and I have a very sensitive stomach. Nobody we talked to had gotten sick either. Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

kellynjohn, I forgot . Did you do Royal service?

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

No, we didn't think it would be worth the extra thousand dollars. We had excellent service without it.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

Kellyjohn, we are not getting RS either. For one thing we are getting 2 rooms (bringing our adult kids) and that would cost too much. I heard check-in is a pain when one doesn't get RS. I just hope my husband can handle it. He gets so impatient.

Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

kellyjohn-

any suggestions as far as must do's/try's? it will be our honeymoon!

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

We arrived in Punta Cana on a Monday morning and we were the only ones on the apple van from the airport to the resort so there was nobody else in line when we got there, so check in was a breeze. The room wasn't ready so they took our luggage to a hospitality suite where there is a large bathroom to get changed in. We got into our bathing suites, left our luggage there, and were off to the beach! We came back at three and the room was ready. They just gave us the keys and then a bellboy brought us our luggage from the hospitality suite.

While you are there, you should go to the Micheal Jackson show and the Boogie nights show. They were both very entertaining. I wowuld also recommend taking advantage of the free snorkeling and the free boat tour ride. Our snorkeling trip ended up being a combo of both. Also, I thought it was fun to walk down the beach to these huts and this one larger building to do some shopping. We got some great paintings and jewelry there. Just go down to the beach and turn right and walk past the Melia complex, you won't miss it because they will make sure you don't miss them. They will come and great you and ask you to come see their store. Make sure you don't pay the price they quote you, usually offer a third of the price they first ask you to pay. Also, I would definetely recommnd the free horseback riding. It was a great experience.

NJ
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

Coberg,

If you have purchased transfer with your vacation package, you may want to try and just take a taxi from the airport to the hotel. They are $25 each way. This will help you avoid large group arriving at the hotel at the same time and may help speed up the check in because you would probably arrive at the hotel during a lull in the activity.

CK

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

kellynjohn, Once again Thanks. You are so helpful. Is the horse back riding ok for a beginner? We are only going to be there a couple of days and my husband is concernd that I'l get sore. My kids and he have gone riding. I haven't.

Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

coberg-

I am an experienced rider. I will say that if you are not used to riding horses you will get sore. It is from stretching your thighs over the saddle. I don't know what to say other than live with it or start riding. If you husband doesn't go often he will be sore too. If you are doing a 30 min or less ride it may not be as bad, but I suppose it is an hour or more....and you will be plenty sore. The horses are more likely quarter horses ....which the backs are wide/average and they bounce.

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good & Bad experiences @ Paradisus Palma Real?

I have ridden a horse probably only five times in my live and I wasn't too sore at all. You are on the horse for about an hour. I felt some soreness right after we got off and for a little while that evening, but I totally thought it was worth it. It didn't bother me enough to ruin my time there at all. The experience of rising a horse through the ocean and along the beach while the sun was going down was too beautiful to pass up in my opinion.