We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Hello, this is my first ever forum thread. The ones on here have been very helpful to us in many ways so I thought I'd try and be of help to others too.

Where to start, well we are travelling with Thomson, staying in a limited sea view room, not in the adults only section although we are not travelling with children, just myself and my boyfriend. The adults only block is next to our block and we can use their pool if we like however we spend most of our day down on the beach.

When we arrived on the Wednesday there was a beach party in the evening at the Diamond club beach bar, but everyone could attend not just the diamond club guests. It was a great start to the holiday, good party atmosphere and good entertainers including fire eaters and stilt walkers. This is the only night that they have a beach party which I think finished at midnight but for the rest of the week there is a nightclub/late bar in the hotel for anyone wanting drinks past 11 which is when the other bars close.

Staff have all been great so far, attentive and they appear happy in their work. We have eaten at Hunters steakhouse (twice!) and also at Under the sea, Cavas tapas bar and also at Zen which is the only restaurant for which you need a reservation. The first time at Hunters we were given a pager and told it would be about an hour and a half wait, which we were fine with, so we went to Martini mix for a drink and then our table was ready within about 40 minutes anyway. The second time we went a little earlier and were seated straight away.

We are going to the Italian a la carte tonight so will keep you all posted...now...piña colada time!

NY
Level Contributor
681 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Glad you are having a great vacation!

Thanks so much for posting.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Cool, sounds like fun. What's the current situation with reserving beds and shade. As it seems there is limited shade and issues with bed reserving. So did you get a adult only wrist band? How come you have access to adult only pool, and not staying in the adult only block? It's confusing to what room entitles you to what.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Glad your having a good time................Have a great vacation.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

I wouldn't say there is a lack of shade as there are plenty of palm trees on the royalton beach providing shade, there are also quite a lot of straw parasols and these are the ones that do get bagged pretty quickly by early risers. The last few mornings we've been down just after 7.30 and managed to get one. Around the pool area (adult pool included) there are parasols too but again these do go quickly as do the cabanas. There are plenty of beds tho, we haven't had any real problems. I have to be honest, we haven't spent anytime whatsoever at the adult pool, it's pretty small and does have its own bar but we prefer the beach bar or the swim up bar in the main pool. As we are here at a time when there's not many children because of school hols, I can't really comment on other times.

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Glad you are having fun and the beach party sounds amazing! Have u made a trip to the waterpark? Lol. Enjoy!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

We haven't visited the water park yet, the days have been taken up with sunbathing, sailing and kayaking. The tennis courts are good too so we have played a few times late afternoon/early eve.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

With regards to the wristbands we have only seen 3 types, gold for royalton guests, silver for memories guests and then blue (I think) for diamond guests. I'm not sure what the colour would be for the adult only block/pool but most people in there seem to have the blue bands. Like I said we haven't spent any time in there other than just to walk through it on the way back to our room. It's probably worth checking with your tour operator before travelling if you are concerned. We haven't felt the need to be in there as most of the children seem to spend the days at the waterpark or in the kids club or teen groups.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

So people have been reserving sun beds etc before 8am?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Hi JBev2014, a lot of people are already out sunbathing by 8, you tend to see quite a few people running along the beach in the morning at that time too. Even when we've come down to the beach later on there's still been plenty of beds, just not the ones with the straw parasols, but there are still shady areas because of the trees.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from the Royalton Punta Cana

Hi Travelovebugs glad you having nice time at Royalton, thanks for the posts.

How was the Italian?

I know you said about the beach party, has there been any further night entertainment?

Deb