We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
6 posts
Save Topic
Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

Hi:

Im looking to book a 4 plus or 5 star resort in Punta Cana over New Years and to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Problem is my husband is a Bacardi White only drinker. If anyone can give me suggestions on a resort that has this Rum I would really appreciate it.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

some offer Bacardi, but honestly, Bacardi is considered several steps lower of quality than our local DR Rums, of whom also white Rums are readily available/served everywhere.

as he is focused on his beloved brand and it sounds like a deal maker/breaker, i would recommend to grab a couple bottles at the Duty Free of your Departure Airport, to not blow a vacation for such reason.

to decide on a Property for vacation by the availability of a specific non local beverage would not be a reasonable decision in my opinion, as there are many more things to consider to decide which hotel would be best suitable or not suitable for a week's stay.

happy travels

Mike

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

I found that Brugal gives me much less of a hangover than Barcardi and Brugal is available everywhere. Have him try a bottle at home to see if he likes it, or pour it into a barcardi bottle to see if he even notices

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

Do you have a budget in mind? And do you care either way if reservations are required for dinner?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

my hubby drinks Bacardi white when home in Canada but happily changes to Brugal Blanco when in DR

toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

that is good to know. My daughter and I were just at Iberostar Costa Dorada and I noticed they had Ron Barceló as well. Good idea I am going to get a bottle of Brugal and see if he knows the difference. It is a real pain with him only drinking Bacardi. It certainly limits our travel. I think what happened was we went to Jamaica and he drank their local white Rum and spent pretty much the rest of our vacation sick. He does not want that to happen again. Thanks for your response greatly appreciated.

toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

Thankyou for the info. Much appreciated.

toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

No I don't I care if its clean no bugs in room good food good entertainment friendly staff.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

the only reason i could imagine to get Sick for the rest of the vacation after drinking any kind of Rum, would be that it was much too much Rum consumed. or maybe the Jamaican Rum was much stronger than the used too smooth Bacardi. we have here also extra strong mixtures, like the 151, a white one, locally also named the Gasoline, if drinking such then of course in small amounts, not in full glasses like a soft Brugal Blanco or Bacardi can be consumed, lol.

so really, you don't care about anything else at a resort like clean rooms, bugs, food, entertainment?, solely the right Rum for Hubby?

wow.

sorrily i can not tell which resorts have Bacardi included in their AI packages, as i never paid attention to it nor would i drink Bacardi unless it is the last brand available, but others may chime in who have seen Bacardi at their resorts, to provide you with a list of hotels who have it available

have a great stay

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

Excellence has Bacardi White, and I recall reading that Majestic Elegance and Secrets do as well, but I can't say for sure.

Mark

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Alinclusive resorts in Punta Cana

that's the info needed.

thanks Mark.

see, i stayed 6 times at the Majestic Elegance and could not have told if they had it or not, lol.

Mike